Official Review: Your Career in a Fish Bowl: Guarding You...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
sflaherty42
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sflaherty42.html
Latest Review: "Your Career in a Fish Bowl" by Michael L Wilson

Official Review: Your Career in a Fish Bowl: Guarding You...

Post by sflaherty42 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Your Career in a Fish Bowl: Guarding Your Words and Actions as a Leader" by Michael L Wilson.]
Book Cover for 2161
Share This Review

Your Career in a Fish Bowl: Guarding your Words and Actions as a Leader is written by Michael L Wilson and is a work of nonfiction. It serves as a sort of self help guide for anyone who is taking a leadership position in their career. It provides helpful tips on being a leader not only in our careers but in our lives. The book gives the reader steps to take to become a responsible leader. It provides inspirational quotes from some of the world's greatest leaders such as Nelson Mandela.

The book relates everyday things in our lives that can make us stronger leaders. It brings up good points in ethics and knowing the difference between being a strong leader and being a tyrant. This book makes sure we know that being a leader isn't easy; being a leader comes with many responsibilities. A leader has to make tough decisions and display confidence and it is very helpful in showing the reader how to do these things. Leadership can bring with it a big ego and the author gives great tips on how to be humble and accept the challenge of leadership with great care.

The author, Michael L Wilson, is a United States veteran so he has much experience in the field of leadership. He relates his experiences to the careers of everyday people. It is very helpful to read stories from his experiences that are both positive and negative examples of leadership. He gives examples that many people can relate to. The author also has a master's of business administration which means he can relate to the careers of much of the population. He shows his fourteen years of experience through his helpful guidance and shows that he knows what he's doing. He makes the reader feel assured that they are taking the correct advice.

This book is intended for those taking leadership positions in their careers or those who want to be more of a leader in their own personal life. There comes a time in everyone's life where they have to be a leader and they might not even realize it. We all have to make tough decisions and give equal respect. It can be difficult to know what to do in these situations and they demand an extensive knowledge. I believe that this book provides the knowledge that it takes to be an effective leader in the modern world where more and more people are being put in charge.

I give this book a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. I gave the book this rating because I feel it provides very accurate information for those who are seeking it. The reason I did not give it a lower rating is because I genuinely enjoyed to way the author presented the information. He did it in a manner that made the reader understand and made it entertaining. The reason I did not give it a higher rating is because I feel could have been more detailed. A straightforward approach is a very good thing to use but the reader may miss things that do not go into specifics or are briefly mentioned. This is the perfect book for people in business or careers that require leadership, not so much for those who prefer to conform or do not need the advice provided.

Buy "Your Career in a Fish Bowl: Guarding Your Words and Actions as a Leader" on Amazon
Buy "Your Career in a Fish Bowl: Guarding Your Words and Actions as a Leader" on Barnes and Noble
Latest Review: "Your Career in a Fish Bowl" by Michael L Wilson

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”