Official Review: Lost Time by Barb McIntyre

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Official Review: Lost Time by Barb McIntyre

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Lost Time" by Barb McIntyre.]
Book Cover for 2199
Share This Review

Lost Time by Barb McIntyre is a romance novel about two people, a man and woman who come together and then are abruptly pulled apart. Only to find their way back to each other two years later when both have grown into better people. The story made me feel conflicted, and happy. The characters were well developed and made you feel for them.

Fiona, the female main character, is a college professor who is desperate to find her happy ever after. She goes through men only to leave them soon after meeting them due to lack of satisfaction. She meets the man she has been looking for right after a bank robbery. Greg, the male main character, is a private detective, who talks to Fiona about the man who committed the crime even though it isn't necessary. Both quickly fall in love with each other only to have the love dashed due to Greg's inability to apply his skill of not making assumptions to his personal life. To save Fiona humiliation, he walks away without so much as an explanation.

As months turn into years, Fiona takes on tasks that help her to keep her mind off of Greg. Her family also tries to set her up with "suitors" only to compare them to her lost love. Greg, falls into the same problem, and becomes irritated with the constant dates that he doesn't want to be on. Only Greg, comes across more problems. He is pushed into adopting a dog and then when he becomes a big brother, the mother pushes him to adopt her son due to her impending death. Twice Greg makes assumptions that take him away from Fiona, finally when he broaches the subjects with Fiona he is brought down to earth when he realizes he never had to be away from Fiona and that the only person responsible for both of their heartaches is him.

I was fairly conflicted throughout the story. About a quarter of the way through I became bored with the story, for it to pick up about half way through, for it to slow back down and then pick up at the very end with the happy ending. The reason I felt conflicted was because I felt the story could have been cut in half. While I was content to learn more about Fiona's family and same for Greg, I found myself wanting to read more of Fiona and Greg. I was very happy when I reached the end of the story, not only because it was over but because Fiona and Greg find their forever and both are given everything they ever wanted in life.

I rate Lost Time by Barb McIntyre a 3 out of 4 stars because even though I got bored with the story, I was still able to enjoy the story and I believe others will as well. The editing was better than some eBooks I have read and there were things that i found interesting. While I won't be reading this book again i would recommend it to all romance readers as long as you don't mind a story that will seem endless.

Buy "Lost Time" on Amazon
Buy "Lost Time" on Barnes and Noble
sahmoun2778
Favorite Author: Dana Stabenow
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahmoun2778.html
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen
Reading Device: 1400698987
fav_author_id: 10781

Post by sahmoun2778 »

Thanks for the recommendation.
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

I enjoyed reading your review. I can relate to your description that the story could have been cut in half. I have read many books where I have the same reaction - the story is interesting, but drags on too long.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
anonanemone
Favorite Author: So many...
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 24">Tinder Stricken</a>
Currently Reading: Outland Exile
Bookshelf Size: 901
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anonanemone.html
Latest Review: "The Shark in the Park" by Mark Watson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by anonanemone »

Thanks for the interesting review, TrishaAnn. I know I sometimes get bored or frustrated with characters that just can't seem to use a little common sense or can't stop getting in their own way for no good reason. Sounds like an otherwise interesting book!
The world lives between those who say it cannot be done and those who say that it can. And in my experience, those who say that it can be done are usually telling the truth. --Lord Vetinari (Discworld, Raising Steam)
Latest Review: "The Shark in the Park" by Mark Watson
katycat420
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katycat420.html

Post by katycat420 »

Sounds awesome! I'll have to give it a try.
TrishaAnn92
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

Thanks guys! :)
bluemel4
Favorite Author: Anne Bishop
Currently Reading: The Dark Tower, Books 1-3
Bookshelf Size: 466
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluemel4.html
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
fav_author_id: 6086

Post by bluemel4 »

Great review. :D This is the kind of romance novel I avoid. I cannot stand it when characters are their own worst enemies and create a lot of unnecessary drama. I end up just yelling at the book the entire time rather than enjoying the story.
"Life is a journey, not a destination" --Ralph Waldo Emerson
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

The premise sounds interesting but the writing seems to be not as concise as it should have been. Great review!
TrishaAnn92

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

Thank you! :)

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”