Love Nina: A Nanny Writes Home by Nina Stibbe

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dean-reader1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Love Nina: A Nanny Writes Home by Nina Stibbe

Post by dean-reader1 »

I wanted to like this book, but I just couldn't to it. I can always tell a good book by how many times I put the book down. If I put it down only a few times, the book is amazing. Having said that I put this book down every 10-15 mins. I have this motto that books can redeem themselves if given a chance which is why I finish every book no matter what. It may take several months but everyone I start gets finished.

To start with what I liked about the book was the quick entries. They were easy to read and easy to follow for the most part. I did have to keep referring back to the front to try to remember what characters were talking and who they were talking to. I liked that you got to see different characters and how they interacted.

What I didn't like was that it didn't really have any stand out, shocking events occur. Though I am sure that these events might catch some readers attention it did not catch mine. I also felt that author could have gone in more depth with the characters.

So my honest opinion is I would not recommend this as a book to read unless you want to see what another nanny might see,do, or experience. I felt that at the end of the book I really did not grow with the characters. Maybe if the author included letters from the sister I might have liked it more

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”