[Short & Sweet]Review: We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Looking For Books
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-looking-for-books.html

[Short & Sweet]Review: We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

Post by Looking For Books »

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart is a captivating, contemplative, and dynamic novel. Lockhart had me turning the pages as quickly as my eyes could read them. Become immersed in Cadence's story, full of flashbacks and a summer home on a private island, belonging to her beautiful and distinguished family--the Sinclairs. Follow Cadence and her friends Johnny, Gat, and Mirren--the Liars--as they experience a sweet romance, countless adventures, and play summer games. But would you call me a liar if I said there was no twist in the story?
rida
Favorite Author: A lot
Favorite Book: More than favorite authors
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rida.html
Latest Review: "Skive" by Paul Adam Levy

Post by rida »

I love the start of this book, really it was griping, enjoyable and full of mystery.

The middle part was.......yeah it was ok. I liked the bonds of the liars their friendship, enjoyed the sketch of the so called family traditions they were still trying to save but it seemed so typical. NOTHING SPECIAL!!!

But the end..........
Hated it. I am through with such endings. I've seen this ending so much in movies. An accident in past, leading role can't remember it, spends time with some particular fellows who were long dead in that same accident and it was his/her fault.

I am not a critique kind of girl. I love almost all of my books and i don't remember ranking any book so low but if i wasn't fade up with such traummatic cases i would've enjoyed this book. No doubt in that
Latest Review: "Skive" by Paul Adam Levy
Bea2wice-143
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bea2wice-143.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Bea2wice-143 »

I read this book I think a year ago. There was alot of hype about the shocking twist in the book and that made me want to read it even more. I liked the book alot though sometimes I got frustrated because it made me feel like I had to rely on the main character and narrator cadence entirely to solve the puzzle and she was so unreliable because she had amnesia.

The ending was so heartbreaking. I didn't see it coming to be honest. I was so shocked I had to go back to the previous pages to see what I had missed. A book that makes you do something like that is truly worth reading.
Nouf_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Nouf_ »

I enjoyed reading this book, the writing style was different I didn't enjoy it that much, but reaching the middle of the story, I didn't even care much about how it was written because I was too invested in the plot, which I never saw coming even though I went through multiple outcomes, none were even close. The ending was heartbreaking not gonna lie I cried for two days straight. 10/10 would recommend :)
Medini
Currently Reading: The House in the Cerulean Sea
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Medini »

The storyline was so beautiful and the writing absolutely chef kisses! Its like we already knew it just had to rediscover it ourselves! I finished it just now and had to put all my emotions in the review! I am not at all disappointed by the hype its getting! Loved it
Kajol Dadhania
Favorite Book: Open Water
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajol-dadhania.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kajol Dadhania »

I was really enjoying the book, in the beginning, the sweet love story, a great friend group, then it started to seem like a stretch and the end was the worst end I have seen to a book. I started reflecting on the time I spent reading it and it seemed like a waste. How easily a good time became a waste of time.
Imagine if we had no secrets, no respite from the truth. What if everything was laid bare the moment, we introduced ourselves?

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”