The Horse Boy: A Memoir of Healing

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
14Bmex99
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

The Horse Boy: A Memoir of Healing

Post by 14Bmex99 »

Pick a passage? Ah…but where do I begin, how do I chose? As I stared at the brightly colored strips of post-its, peeking out of my book like struts of grass, I had no idea which passage meant more to me. Rupert Isaacson had accomplished his job, by writing a miraculous, heartfelt story of unconditional love and devotion for his son, in The Horse Boy, A Memoir of Healing. So, I chose my first pink, neon tab and re-read the passage, feeling the emotion stir as it had the first time, page 38, second to the last paragraph, Betsy’s acceptance of Rowan.
Isaacson wanted the reader to experience the emotional connection between Betsy and Rowan, how the horse understood Rowan’s condition, and treated him with extra care. The compassion the horse displayed, an “understanding” for the child and their mutual respect for each other, something an average person cannot fathom. Isaacson wanted us to think about the possible spiritual connection and the role it could play, not understanding in full depth, the significance of it.
This passage and the connection shown, reminded me of my daughter, and her uncanny way in which animals are drawn to her. At the tender age of six, learning to ride was her passion, she wanted to become “one” with each horse she rode, engrossed in their beauty, their strength and endurance. She unconditionally loves them and in return they trust her, run to great her, nibbling at her hair, almost smiling, as they rub their heads together… not for a treat, but for her unconditional love.
There is an indescribable bond between certain individuals and animals, and I believe it is spiritual in nature, and unless you see it in action, its power is unimaginable.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”