Review: Legend by Marie Lu

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
marta_monteirinho
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-monteirinho.html

Review: Legend by Marie Lu

Post by marta_monteirinho »

I have been told by so many people that the Legend series is a must for fans of The Hunger Games and Divergent (both great and amazing series that I’m a big, big fan of) and, since I finished Allegiant last November and I’ve been on the hunt for a new dystopian series, I decided to order the three books in the trilogy. I’m a sucker for dystopian novels so I got really excited when they came in the mail this week!

Legend has two different characters as narrators – Day and June. Day is a criminal who is on the run and surviving to take care of his family; June is a teenage girl who got a perfect score on the Trial and grew up on one of the wealthiest sectors of the Republic. One night, June’s brother, Metias, is killed and everyone assumes that Day was the one who did it. Our female protagonist swears that she is going to kill whoever murdered her brother and, while she’s undercover, her path crosses with Day’s.

I enjoyed both of these main characters so much. In a certain way, Day and June are very observant, smart and really similar when it comes to their personalities and their relationship development was quite interesting, actually. The Republic doesn’t know what Day looks like and, in the beginning of the book, we don’t know that either, until his future intertwines with June’s and she describes his physical appearance. The fact that, as they get closer to each other, we get closer to each of them was very enjoyable and made me love both of these characters even more.

I always love reading a new dystopian book and get the feeling that in a couple years, what we read about might actually happen. Marie Lu did an amazing job writing Legend. The world was really interesting and I personally want to learn more about the Republic and in which circumstances the world they live in has come to this point.

This book has such an amazing concept and I can’t wait to know more about where this series is headed. Mysterious, fantastic and including non-stop action, Legend is impossible to put down and absolutely deserves all the hype it gets. I highly recommend this book if you too are a dystopian lover – you will instantly fall in love with Day and June and want to know more about everything that’s mentioned in this novel.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Duplication
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”