Tim O'Brien

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Isachair
Bookshelf Size: 0

Tim O'Brien

Post by Isachair »

If you haven't read any of his books yet I highly recommend In the Lake of the Woods. I usually am not into books/movies about war but his writing style is great...as are his stories. Check out Tomcat In Love as well !
Isachair

Post by Isachair »

Feel free to recommend something to me too. I'm looking for some new authors to check out.
753C

Post by 753C »

I Have read "The Things They Carried". Outstanding. High recommendations.
jv08

Post by jv08 »

I haven't read it yet but thanks for the recommendation.
Lfrock

Post by Lfrock »

I would have to consider O'Brien's The Things They Carried to be one of the few books that I firmly believe that every person should read. The collection of short stories beautifully, if not hauntingly, tell the stories of the men from his company during Vietnam. I read this book nearly 15 years ago and there are still parts that I recall with great emotion. If you haven't yet I would definitely suggest you put it to the top of your "Must Read" list.
sflaherty42
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sflaherty42.html
Latest Review: "Your Career in a Fish Bowl" by Michael L Wilson

Post by sflaherty42 »

The Things They Carried is an excellent book that has etched itself into my memory with the author's vivid retelling of the experiences he went through during Vietnam. I highly recommend this book.
Latest Review: "Your Career in a Fish Bowl" by Michael L Wilson

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”