Featured Review

Welcome

• Welcome to the Book and Reading Forums! If you are a member, please log in. Otherwise, please join now! It's quick, easy and free!

TWILIGHT: Book vs. Movie

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.

Post Number:#16  Postby Perrywinkle47 » 02 Sep 2010, 07:50

Well off course the book has to be better as the author can include all the details but there is a certain limit of time in the movie so they have to keep it short and precise. Since I had seen the movie before reading the book, it actually helped me while reading.. I knew the end already but still I could clearly give faces to all the characters, so it was good.
Perrywinkle47

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

MOVIE OR BOOK

Post Number:#17  Postby Acheron » 05 Sep 2010, 07:29

AS A BIG READER I HAVE TO SAY THAT NO FILM THAT HAS EVER BEEN MADE FROM A BOOK HAS BEEN UP TO SCRATCH. I LOVE THE MOVIES BUT THE BOOKS HAVE MORE DEPTH TO THEM AND I PREFER TO MAKE UP MY OWN LOOKS FOR THE CHARACTERS.

BOOKS RULE ! MOVIES AVERAGE !

ACHERON
Acheron

Re: MOVIE OR BOOK

Post Number:#18  Postby Perrywinkle47 » 06 Sep 2010, 12:31

Acheron wrote:AS A BIG READER I HAVE TO SAY THAT NO FILM THAT HAS EVER BEEN MADE FROM A BOOK HAS BEEN UP TO SCRATCH. I LOVE THE MOVIES BUT THE BOOKS HAVE MORE DEPTH TO THEM AND I PREFER TO MAKE UP MY OWN LOOKS FOR THE CHARACTERS.

BOOKS RULE ! MOVIES AVERAGE !

ACHERON

Yeah I agree to an extent.. Its good to give your own looks while reading but still I find it very interesting to see as to how the character is being depicted in the movie and how much justice the actor has done with the description mentioned in the novel. So, its a difficult task for the actors as well of an adapted movie as to come up with people's expectations because most have already read the book and they expect more from the movie.
Perrywinkle47

Decent Books (esp Eclipse and Breaking Dawn) ok movies

Post Number:#19  Postby YellowButterfly85 » 06 Sep 2010, 16:13

I saw the first movie "Twilight" and then read "New Moon", "Eclipse" and "Breaking Dawn." So, I guess you can say I read them in order with the exception of the first book. When I did try to read the first book, I found that it moved extremely slow. The second book, "New Moon," I just became frustrated with Bella's indecision and obsession over Edward. However, in Eclipse and Breaking Dawn (which was my favorite), the writing was better and the book moved along fairly well.
As far as the movies go, I enjoyed "Twilight" even though some of the acting was cheesy. Also, it's difficult for me to want to see more because although I like Robert Pattinson as an actor, Kristin Stewart, the girl who plays Bella, is annoying. She's enjoyed success and acts unappreciative of what these movies have provided her. It's also annoying to see her on stage, and she can't seem to fomulate a single sentence without sounding like an idiot. If the reason for her acting the way she does is because she is an introvert, then she should "act" when she's receiving an award or speaking in public. I have to say that she is not someone I would want our young teen girls looking up to. Young teen girls need a strong, confident role model.
YellowButterfly85

Post Number:#20  Postby Perrywinkle47 » 10 Sep 2010, 02:04

Lol, No comment n Kristen Stewart. But yeah she looks quite good in the movie and similar to the description in the novel.
Perrywinkle47

Post Number:#21  Postby B-fly » 10 Sep 2010, 07:56

The book is better of course. The movie is interesting but I don't think Kristen Stewart is a good actress. I like the parody of the movie :)
B-fly

Post Number:#22  Postby Perrywinkle47 » 11 Sep 2010, 11:07

Didn't know that there is a parody of the movie as well...
Perrywinkle47

Post Number:#23  Postby Cath_leen » 10 Mar 2011, 04:12

I agree
I like the book more better than the movie cause I think It's more detailed
Cath_leen

Twilight

Post Number:#24  Postby Smblomker » 24 Mar 2011, 20:42

I'll have to say the books will always be better then the movies. They have a habit of changing things in the movie and not following how the book was written totally.
The books aren't the best written because I've read much better. I could name a few if you wish.
Smblomker

Favorite Author: Kelley Armstrong
Favorite Book: so far all of the house of night series

Re: Decent Books (esp Eclipse and Breaking Dawn) ok movies

Post Number:#25  Postby BookWorm617 » 25 Mar 2011, 21:12

YellowButterfly85 wrote:I saw the first movie "Twilight" and then read "New Moon", "Eclipse" and "Breaking Dawn." So, I guess you can say I read them in order with the exception of the first book. When I did try to read the first book, I found that it moved extremely slow. The second book, "New Moon," I just became frustrated with Bella's indecision and obsession over Edward. However, in Eclipse and Breaking Dawn (which was my favorite), the writing was better and the book moved along fairly well.
As far as the movies go, I enjoyed "Twilight" even though some of the acting was cheesy. Also, it's difficult for me to want to see more because although I like Robert Pattinson as an actor, Kristin Stewart, the girl who plays Bella, is annoying. She's enjoyed success and acts unappreciative of what these movies have provided her. It's also annoying to see her on stage, and she can't seem to fomulate a single sentence without sounding like an idiot. If the reason for her acting the way she does is because she is an introvert, then she should "act" when she's receiving an award or speaking in public. I have to say that she is not someone I would want our young teen girls looking up to. Young teen girls need a strong, confident role model.

I must respectfully disagree with your opinion of Kristen Stewart. I have been a fan of hers long before the Twilight movies, she is a good actress. I find the way she acts on stage and in public refreshing and endearing. Yes she is a bit awkard and introverted but so what that is who she really is. Why should she act or pretend to be something other than what she is. She's not fake and that is something to value when it comes to celebrities who are always "on".

Edit to add: People aren't perfect and the ways she acts doesn't mean she isn't a strong confident person at all. If I had a daughter I would have no problem if she looked up to Kristen Stewart. You are a bit harsh and judgmental!!
BookWorm617

Books vs Movies - My Sister's Keeper

Post Number:#26  Postby SarcasticSoph » 27 Mar 2011, 18:14

Hi

While some movies can come close to matching the book, they can also totally transform it. Take My Sister's Keeper as one example. I read the book, whilst my mother and sister watched the film. When I reached the end of the book - not to spoil it - I immediately rang my mum and words could not describe the shock and sadness in my voice. She seemed very surprised at this, as the film and book had two different endings. I am VERY glad I chose to read the book. To date I have yet to see the film and doubt I ever will.

SS[/i]
SarcasticSoph

Post Number:#27  Postby Esperanza1988 » 28 Mar 2011, 20:39

Yes, I prefer novel, for it can deeply touch me!
Esperanza1988

Post Number:#28  Postby Sophius » 28 Mar 2011, 21:13

I still say that both the book and the movie are rubbish. I mean honestly, the stuff is basically just a mindless teenage relationship/sex fantasy that proves to insult proper literature. I have said this multiple times, but I feel that I cannot iterate this enough.
Sophius

Post Number:#29  Postby Seraphy » 29 Mar 2011, 06:00

I think the book is better. I've seen the movie. It's not that appealing.
Seraphy

Twilight book vs movie?

Post Number:#30  Postby Carrianne23 » 11 Apr 2011, 14:16

I thought that the book was exactly like the movie. I felt that I knew everything that was going to happen, watching the movie. The book was better because it gave more details to the characters and what was happening. You actually was able to envision & imagine the scene as opposed to the movie. All & all, I found both very satisfying.
Carrianne23

PreviousNext