TWILIGHT: Book vs. Movie

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Acheron
Bookshelf Size: 0

MOVIE OR BOOK

Post by Acheron »

AS A BIG READER I HAVE TO SAY THAT NO FILM THAT HAS EVER BEEN MADE FROM A BOOK HAS BEEN UP TO SCRATCH. I LOVE THE MOVIES BUT THE BOOKS HAVE MORE DEPTH TO THEM AND I PREFER TO MAKE UP MY OWN LOOKS FOR THE CHARACTERS.

BOOKS RULE ! MOVIES AVERAGE !

ACHERON
Perrywinkle47

Post by Perrywinkle47 »

Acheron wrote:AS A BIG READER I HAVE TO SAY THAT NO FILM THAT HAS EVER BEEN MADE FROM A BOOK HAS BEEN UP TO SCRATCH. I LOVE THE MOVIES BUT THE BOOKS HAVE MORE DEPTH TO THEM AND I PREFER TO MAKE UP MY OWN LOOKS FOR THE CHARACTERS.

BOOKS RULE ! MOVIES AVERAGE !

ACHERON
Yeah I agree to an extent.. Its good to give your own looks while reading but still I find it very interesting to see as to how the character is being depicted in the movie and how much justice the actor has done with the description mentioned in the novel. So, its a difficult task for the actors as well of an adapted movie as to come up with people's expectations because most have already read the book and they expect more from the movie.
YellowButterfly85

Post by YellowButterfly85 »

I saw the first movie "Twilight" and then read "New Moon", "Eclipse" and "Breaking Dawn." So, I guess you can say I read them in order with the exception of the first book. When I did try to read the first book, I found that it moved extremely slow. The second book, "New Moon," I just became frustrated with Bella's indecision and obsession over Edward. However, in Eclipse and Breaking Dawn (which was my favorite), the writing was better and the book moved along fairly well.
As far as the movies go, I enjoyed "Twilight" even though some of the acting was cheesy. Also, it's difficult for me to want to see more because although I like Robert Pattinson as an actor, Kristin Stewart, the girl who plays Bella, is annoying. She's enjoyed success and acts unappreciative of what these movies have provided her. It's also annoying to see her on stage, and she can't seem to fomulate a single sentence without sounding like an idiot. If the reason for her acting the way she does is because she is an introvert, then she should "act" when she's receiving an award or speaking in public. I have to say that she is not someone I would want our young teen girls looking up to. Young teen girls need a strong, confident role model.
Perrywinkle47

Post by Perrywinkle47 »

Lol, No comment n Kristen Stewart. But yeah she looks quite good in the movie and similar to the description in the novel.
B-fly

Post by B-fly »

The book is better of course. The movie is interesting but I don't think Kristen Stewart is a good actress. I like the parody of the movie :)
Perrywinkle47

Post by Perrywinkle47 »

Didn't know that there is a parody of the movie as well...
Cath_leen

Post by Cath_leen »

I agree
I like the book more better than the movie cause I think It's more detailed
Smblomker
Favorite Author: Kelley Armstrong
Favorite Book: so far all of the house of night series
Currently Reading: beautiful creatures
fav_author_id: 3117

Post by Smblomker »

I'll have to say the books will always be better then the movies. They have a habit of changing things in the movie and not following how the book was written totally.
The books aren't the best written because I've read much better. I could name a few if you wish.
BookWorm617

Post by BookWorm617 »

YellowButterfly85 wrote:I saw the first movie "Twilight" and then read "New Moon", "Eclipse" and "Breaking Dawn." So, I guess you can say I read them in order with the exception of the first book. When I did try to read the first book, I found that it moved extremely slow. The second book, "New Moon," I just became frustrated with Bella's indecision and obsession over Edward. However, in Eclipse and Breaking Dawn (which was my favorite), the writing was better and the book moved along fairly well.
As far as the movies go, I enjoyed "Twilight" even though some of the acting was cheesy. Also, it's difficult for me to want to see more because although I like Robert Pattinson as an actor, Kristin Stewart, the girl who plays Bella, is annoying. She's enjoyed success and acts unappreciative of what these movies have provided her. It's also annoying to see her on stage, and she can't seem to fomulate a single sentence without sounding like an idiot. If the reason for her acting the way she does is because she is an introvert, then she should "act" when she's receiving an award or speaking in public. I have to say that she is not someone I would want our young teen girls looking up to. Young teen girls need a strong, confident role model.
I must respectfully disagree with your opinion of Kristen Stewart. I have been a fan of hers long before the Twilight movies, she is a good actress. I find the way she acts on stage and in public refreshing and endearing. Yes she is a bit awkard and introverted but so what that is who she really is. Why should she act or pretend to be something other than what she is. She's not fake and that is something to value when it comes to celebrities who are always "on".

Edit to add: People aren't perfect and the ways she acts doesn't mean she isn't a strong confident person at all. If I had a daughter I would have no problem if she looked up to Kristen Stewart. You are a bit harsh and judgmental!!
SarcasticSoph

Post by SarcasticSoph »

Hi

While some movies can come close to matching the book, they can also totally transform it. Take My Sister's Keeper as one example. I read the book, whilst my mother and sister watched the film. When I reached the end of the book - not to spoil it - I immediately rang my mum and words could not describe the shock and sadness in my voice. She seemed very surprised at this, as the film and book had two different endings. I am VERY glad I chose to read the book. To date I have yet to see the film and doubt I ever will.

SS[/i]
Esperanza1988

Post by Esperanza1988 »

Yes, I prefer novel, for it can deeply touch me!
Sophius

Post by Sophius »

I still say that both the book and the movie are rubbish. I mean honestly, the stuff is basically just a mindless teenage relationship/sex fantasy that proves to insult proper literature. I have said this multiple times, but I feel that I cannot iterate this enough.
Seraphy

Post by Seraphy »

I think the book is better. I've seen the movie. It's not that appealing.
Carrianne23

Post by Carrianne23 »

I thought that the book was exactly like the movie. I felt that I knew everything that was going to happen, watching the movie. The book was better because it gave more details to the characters and what was happening. You actually was able to envision & imagine the scene as opposed to the movie. All & all, I found both very satisfying.
AfrikaJeffery

Post by AfrikaJeffery »

I read the Twilight series way before the movies were set to be made and I loved the series. But to be honest, once I saw the movies they made me realize how obsessed Bella is over Edward and personally I think Jacob would have been a better choice for her or anyone else for that matter. The relationship doesn't seem healthy and looking back on the books they do not seem as great as they did before the movies came out. Also I have read a lot of books about vampires and they all had somewhat similar persepectives on vampires lifestyles but Stephanie Meyers was the worst. Sparkling vampires? That detail should have stayed in her dreams.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”