TWILIGHT: Book vs. Movie

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ToniLynnLupton
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonilynnlupton.html

Re: TWILIGHT: Book vs. Movie

Post by ToniLynnLupton »

Loved the books but love the movies just as much...I have watched and read them over and over. That's how good they were.
Dana0483
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana0483.html

Post by Dana0483 »

Love everything Twilight. I have read and watched over and over. I have even moved on to fan fiction to make it live on a little longer. I have found many great unpublished authors.
Lotus flower mind
Favorite Author: Stephanie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight Saga
Currently Reading: Marked_Betrayed by P.C. and Kristin Cast
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lotus-flower-mind.html
fav_author_id: 6352

Post by Lotus flower mind »

I loved both the book and the movie!
However, for the Twilight book and movie alone and not as a complete series. I enjoyed reading the book.
I was able to picture the characters and scenes as I wanted them to be, in my head.
Bella wasn't Kristen, she was me and I loved being loved so deeply by Edward. Reading the book allowed me to become more involved and that allowed me to be taken away from the reality of life.

The movie told me the story but as they wanted me to see it. It wasn't a product of my inner desires but the motion picture of someone else's.
I wasn't in control of my imagination, I was being shown the imagination of someone else.
Njkinny
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Empowered
Currently Reading: The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njkinny.html
Latest Review: Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Njkinny »

I like the books better than the movies..The main reason being that the books contain kore info which the moview either altered or skipped which in my opinion changed the whole appeal of the story. .
Njkinny :techie-reference:
Shellby85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shellby85.html

Post by Shellby85 »

I loved the books more but I did love the twist they put in the last film
I had my eyes glued to it it was that amazing
It was one of the best add ins I've seen pat on the back to whoever thought of it
thebookworm4ever
Favorite Author: Kelley Armstrong
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thebookworm4ever.html
fav_author_id: 3117

Post by thebookworm4ever »

I must say that for me the book will always win. The Twilight movies were good and close to the books (except for the last movie) but a movie is never the exact same as the book. With the book you get to experience the whole story from Bellas point of view and in the movie you cant experience her feelings and perspective the same way.
Dezire06
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dezire06.html

Post by Dezire06 »

I Loved the Book, I Liked the Movie but they need to make sure to get all the little details in the movies.
violetpretty
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-violetpretty.html

Post by violetpretty »

I liked the book way better than the film. I couldn't get over the horrible acting.
shayna
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shayna.html
Latest Review: "T Wave" by Steven F. Freeman

Post by shayna »

When I was reading Twilight, I actually enjoyed it. Granted, I was a lot younger, but there was nothing so horribly bad about it. The movies, however, were laughable.
Latest Review: "T Wave" by Steven F. Freeman
boobearsman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boobearsman.html

Post by boobearsman »

Obviously we'd all chose book over movie but seriously I loved both Movie & Books, they were amazing and awesome so both
readitandwept
Favorite Author: Libba Bray
Favorite Book: Ginger Pye
Currently Reading: A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readitandwept.html
Latest Review: "The Morecambe Medium" by Peter Cakebread with Ken Walton
Publishing Contest Votes: 4
fav_author_id: 2652

Post by readitandwept »

I only liked the first book, the rest just went downhill from depressing New Moon and Ant-Climatic Breaking Dawn. The movies were just terrible, I like Kristen Stewart and all but those movies were just so badly done.
Latest Review: "The Morecambe Medium" by Peter Cakebread with Ken Walton
mert21_05
Favorite Author: Stephen King
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by mert21_05 »

Definitely the books! Them movies could have been so much better if they would have had better actors for some of the parts.
authorheathertodd
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-authorheathertodd.html

Post by authorheathertodd »

I have seen the movies over a thousand times, probably. I have read the series once.

The series was a lot better than the movies, in my opinion.

Whenever I watch the movies, I just crack jokes and laugh because the acting is not up to par with the dialogue in the book. It's dry, it's lame, and it doesn't have much emotion. The facial expressions are bad, too.

When I read the first book, I imagined it a lot different than the movie. The movie was too short, the lighting and coloring was awful, and there were missing scenes that needed to be in there.

Bottom line, books will normally be better than movies.
klsimon3
Currently Reading: The Accidental Bride
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klsimon3.html

Post by klsimon3 »

Shellby85 wrote:I loved the books more but I did love the twist they put in the last film
I had my eyes glued to it it was that amazing
It was one of the best add ins I've seen pat on the back to whoever thought of it

I also liked that twist in the last film!! At the theater I was so upset thinking that is not what happened in the book. But I myself loved the books I tend to prefer the books to the movies any day!!
NovaShine666

Post by NovaShine666 »

I love the books more than the movies themselves. After watching both Twilight and New Moon, I couldn't watch any more as they royally ticked me off. From the first movie, in my opinion, they REALLY started messing up. The movie itself seemed a lot shorter than an hour and a half; it felt like half an hour really when I watched it. And missing A LOT of key factors in the first movie that developed Edward and Bella's relationship. And the first visit to the meadow?! I was sorely disappointed with it! It looked nothing like it was described in the book and things didn't happen as they should have.

Well I better stop now or I will not stop for a long while! I will say this, when I love a book or a book series, I become protective of them, and I become passionate about them when I start talking about it. So, all I will say is that all of the movies, disappointed me in more than one way in all of them. I will always read the book instead of watching the movies when I crave for a vampire book.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”