TWILIGHT: Book vs. Movie

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
laura_askew88
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-askew88.html
Latest Review: "Algebra Simplified Basic and Intermediate" by Kerry Kauffman

Re: TWILIGHT: Book vs. Movie

Post by laura_askew88 »

Now that all the Twilight movies are out and done. I think that everyone who has read the books and seen the movies will agree that the books are a thousand times better, but it's that way most of the time. And people who don't read can never understand this concept. Also, I personally am embarrassed to watch some of the Twilight movies again, the acting and direction of the movies is flawed.
Latest Review: "Algebra Simplified Basic and Intermediate" by Kerry Kauffman
cassayohkay
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: And Then There Were None
Currently Reading: The Devil in the White City
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by cassayohkay »

I loved the books when they first came out so of course I was excited to see the movies. But after the first movie I was done. For me, Robert Pattinson was not a good fit as Edward. I couldn't watch the rest of the series, they were ruined for me. :(
LexieAliJ

Post by LexieAliJ »

I think anyone who's a die-hard vampire fan or live sappy teen love stories has at least tried to read or watch Twilight. :mrgreen: For me, I really do think that the books are superior to the movies. The movies strayed away from aspects in the book that most of us found fairly important and it was very distracting. The actors would've been chosen better too, mind you, for I feel Kristen Stewart, while an okay actress, wasn't the best fit for the role of Bella.
SammyJo
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sammyjo.html

Post by SammyJo »

I loved both the books and the movie, but I have to agree with a lot of the other people here that the books were far better than the movies, and they left out some of the funniest parts of the books. I would have loved for them to put in the movie where Bella told her father she was getting married.
KayCee_K
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaycee-k.html

Post by KayCee_K »

I read the book before I knew there was even going to be a movie and at first I was happy because I feel in love with the books so much but then I watched the movies over the last few years and I have to say that I love the books so much more then the movies. It could be the fact that a lot of my favorite parts did not make it into the movies. But I will forever more like the books better then the movies.
lishabean1

Post by lishabean1 »

I saw the movies first and when I tried to read the first book I could not get into it, only bc I think watching the movie first spoiled it for me.
KayCee_K
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaycee-k.html

Post by KayCee_K »

HI lishabean1
I'm sorry that sucks. I hope one day you'll try and give the books a read again. I found them to be the same but very different at the same time. =D
Shadowed_Gates
Favorite Author: Nora Roberts
Favorite Book: Honest Illusions
Currently Reading: Moxie
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadowed-gates.html
Latest Review: "How to Write Really Good Research Papers, Really Fast" by Bob Ward
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE
fav_author_id: 3258

Post by Shadowed_Gates »

I loved them both to be honest. I can't hate on the series because it was my curiosity about it that got me back into reading. Sure they weren't brilliant but I by no means think they are garbage or anything to be ashamed of.

Movies were what they were. Not great but I enjoyed them. Plus I've loved Kristen Stewart since Panic Room and I became a huge Pattinson fan as well.

They each gave me great experiences.
Latest Review: "How to Write Really Good Research Papers, Really Fast" by Bob Ward
aislingii

Post by aislingii »

I think the books are much better. In the books, the story is from Bella's point of view and we like her as a character, but in the movies she is not a very likeable character and is cast badly.
srivolco
Favorite Author: Jeffrey Archer
Favorite Book: Kane and Abel
Currently Reading: A Tale of the Malazan Book of the fallen
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srivolco.html
Latest Review: "The Chosen of Ky'kias" by K.S. Lewis
fav_author_id: 4949

Post by srivolco »

What worked for the book could and never did get translated into the movie. The movies were too obsessed with Kristen and Robert's relationship and never gave time to build depth into the other characters. The excitement and anticipation of the end fight and not getting fight in the end was amazingly handled in the book while the movie spoiled all the fun !
Latest Review: "The Chosen of Ky'kias" by K.S. Lewis
Saoirse200
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saoirse200.html
Latest Review: "Trespass" by Christopher M. Gibbons

Post by Saoirse200 »

I think the movie was cheesy and cringe-worthy.
Before the movies I read the books and fell in love with them,twilight is a great read,not so much a great move though.
Latest Review: "Trespass" by Christopher M. Gibbons
tdkcarpenoctem
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tdkcarpenoctem.html

Post by tdkcarpenoctem »

I've read the entire series several times and the first one I had to keep reading because it was slow going. Breaking Dawn was the best, mostly due to all of the action and plot points meeting up, but I did enjoy the series. I think the movies stayed pretty true to the books, considering time constraints.
Zannie
Currently Reading: Defending Jacob
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reading Device: B000FI73MA

Post by Zannie »

Unfortunately I saw the movie before I read the book so didn't enjoy it as much if I had read the book first.
tdkcarpenoctem
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tdkcarpenoctem.html

Post by tdkcarpenoctem »

I know what you mean. Sometimes when I know something is coming out in film, I try to read the book first and I still end up disappointed. I'd hate to be a movie director at a book convention!
Starmy

Post by Starmy »

I adored the twist in the movie. I wont reveal as its a spoiler. As this twist wasn't in the book I popped my head up in the cinema and couldnt stop going

" What....what?....WHAT?! " lol

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”