TWILIGHT: Book vs. Movie

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mkaynutty
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mkaynutty.html

Re: TWILIGHT: Book vs. Movie

Post by mkaynutty »

Books! THe books go into so much detail that 2 hour movies just cant capture.
MonieLove1228
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monielove1228.html
Latest Review: "Leap!" by Patrick Wheeler

Post by MonieLove1228 »

I was very upset with the first twilight movie. Edward was not "perfect" enough, bella was just weird, and so many key :ideas were left out. Maybe I expected too much out of the movie but either way I was extremely disappointed and wanted my money back. I refuse to see any of the other twilight movies.
Latest Review: "Leap!" by Patrick Wheeler
yvetteyoungkim
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvetteyoungkim.html

Post by yvetteyoungkim »

People bag on Twilight too much. It's obviously not an analytical book but the smartypants out there just love to bag on it. I enjoyed the book merely as a one time pleasuring reading book and as for the movie, all I'm going to say is, it was interesting..
nakias3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nakias3.html
Latest Review: "The Fruit and Veggie ABC Book" by Mary Lee

Post by nakias3 »

I liked the movie but of course the book always have more content, I just wished the movie kept close. Some critics are just to cruel about fantasy.
Luthien37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luthien37.html

Post by Luthien37 »

The movie is an embarrassment to the book. If you want to know the story then I suggest reading it before going to see the movie. The characters in the book are better and aren't as silly as the movie makes them look. The books also have a lot of things that make more sense with the story rather than the movie that adds bits here and there that can almost seem unbelievable.
nakias3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nakias3.html

Post by nakias3 »

Luthien37 wrote:The movie is an embarrassment to the book. If you want to know the story then I suggest reading it before going to see the movie. The characters in the book are better and aren't as silly as the movie makes them look. The books also have a lot of things that make more sense with the story rather than the movie that adds bits here and there that can almost seem unbelievable.
So tru Bella's character was so crappy in the movie.
rekha123

Post by rekha123 »

Movie made it real...
akwelch93

Post by akwelch93 »

I was very hesitant to read these books in the first place. I don't like to jump on the band wagon when everyone is reading a certain book. I tend to wait it out and that is what I did. I also have a strict rule about not seeing the movie if I haven't read the book and plan on reading the book. That being said, my husband convinced me to see the first movie and after that I read all 4 books. The books are WAY better than the movies, however they are not my favorite series of books.
nbyoung01

Post by nbyoung01 »

I have to say this is the first topic I clicked on and I am soo glad I did!! :)
beckyd

Post by beckyd »

The books are much better than the films, but i always find that to be the case as nothing can compare to your own imagination. They did a good job with all the films but still i feel they were missing some thing. They are good reads and one of my favs.
tabithabwilson

Post by tabithabwilson »

Books all the way the only movie I like a little was the very last one.
CheekyAless
Favorite Book: The Hunger Games
Currently Reading: The Hobbit

Post by CheekyAless »

Like with many books made into films, books are always better! You can create your own image of the story and understand the mindset of characters/character. The Twilight films are good but not as good as the book. Although they try and tell the story from Bella's view it's not quite the same as the detailed view point in the book.

I think one of the best books made into a great film would be Harry Potter.
thetakenangel
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thetakenangel.html

Post by thetakenangel »

movie for me, i found the book long and drawn out. didnt keep me hooked like i thought it would.
Monique_Ari
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monique-ari.html

Post by Monique_Ari »

I think that the movie will not be better than the book because all books are better than the movies because they are more detailed. And some of the scenes will probably be altered. But I am verry excited about it
njgomez
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njgomez.html

Post by njgomez »

Books!!!! All the way.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”