TWILIGHT: Book vs. Movie

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
rox_danyel
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rox-danyel.html

Re: TWILIGHT: Book vs. Movie

Post by rox_danyel »

I agree!! The movie ruined it for me as well. I loved the books so much but walked out of the first movie BC it was very disappointing.....even the acting was terrible. They did leave out a lot of details in the movie that I felt were important. That's why I love reading the book before watching the movie BC the book is always so much better!
kody
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kody.html

Post by kody »

I myself enjoyed the first two twilight books but the third book made me not excited to see the movies and I can honestly say that I have not seen the twilight movies yet. Hearing how they altered the end of the third movie has peaked my interest but not enough to see twilight over the other movies that have been coming out.
leils

Post by leils »

Personally found the books to be more interesting than the movies as it's portrayed in much better way on paper than a live action movie. The movies are slow going and generally dull, whereas the books have a much smoother flow throughout the entire story.
Lady Sparks

Post by Lady Sparks »

I full hearted honestly believe that the books are way better then the movies there is a lot of difference between the two and it kinda changes the story too much for me.
Brybear28
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brybear28.html
Latest Review: "Passive Income with Android" by Raj Patel
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Brybear28 »

I couldn't even get through the first book, but I at least made it through the first movie. Personally, I find twilight as a whole to be awful.
Latest Review: "Passive Income with Android" by Raj Patel
lizzieclifton
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizzieclifton.html

Post by lizzieclifton »

The book was so much better but I did enjoy the films because it kinda puts a face to the charactes.
EnciuDana96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enciudana96.html

Post by EnciuDana96 »

I watched the first movie, became curious, then I read the books. Even though at that time I was mesmerized by the story, looking back at it the whole plot seems rather juvenile. I do see how it make preteens go crazy, but I do not see the francize stand the test of time. The books were fairly well written and the movie was somewhat entertaining. It was a noticeable part of my 12 to 14 years, but I think that one shuld just read the books and move on. Do not waste too much time on it.
leila23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leila23.html

Post by leila23 »

I read all the books in the Twilight series when I was still a teenager. I wasn't that impressed with the first movie compared to the other four movies. In the first movie, a lot of parts were cut out, a lot involving Bella and Edward being together, that made their love in the movie less believing than in the book since it happened so fast. I know movies have to cut out a lot of material to make it all fit as a two hour movie, so sometimes it can't be helped. However, I did like the other four movies, because they were more like the books than the first movie was.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”