Breakfast With Buddha

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
allison8828
Bookshelf Size: 0

Breakfast With Buddha

Post by allison8828 »

I just finished Roland Merullo's Breakfast With Buddha. Although this book was well received, I was not too terribly impressed. I felt that it was pretty watered-down as I was expecting some sort of deep religious experience for the main character. Instead, I got a middle-aged guy agreeing to try yoga. I mean, the character development could have been super transformative as a result of meeting this spiritual figure. All kinds of wisdom could have been bestowed on Otto, but instead he learns to loosen up a little bit when dealing with his flaky sister. I feel like this kind of change could have come from having him watch an episode of Dr. Phil. When I finish a book, I like to think of having invested in something fruitful, but this is just a time-waster for me. I would most certainly not read it again. The credit list the author gives of books he used for research would be more inspiring reading material.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”