Unofficial Review- The Watch That Ends The Night

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
autumnmarie
Favorite Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-autumnmarie.html
Latest Review: "December Rain" by A.L. Goulden
fav_author_id: 2471

Unofficial Review- The Watch That Ends The Night

Post by autumnmarie »

Author: Allan Wolf
When I was in third grade, all the prepubescent girls were newly enthralled by Mean Girls. I on the other hand, being the offbeat child that I was, was consumed with all things Titanic. I was ensnared with the beauty and distinction that the liner inherently possessed. For society and for the industry at the time, Titanic was a beautiful tragedy.
To say in the least, I've come across my fair share of books, articles and documentaries to know the difference between a Titanic aficionado and a die had Leo fanatic. When I first came across this book I was highly skeptical--"voices from the Titanic?" Sure, and Edgar Allen Poe gives me tips on my short stories. But my friends, I admit when I'm wrong, and I was sorely mistaken.

I haven't had the pleasure to come across such an insightful mix of history and fiction in all my years of reading. Forget every documentation you've ever read or seen about the chaos that ensued that late April evening. Instead, pick up your suitcase and board the liner, as Wolf brings out nuances of the human experience so raw you'll feel the chill of the North Atlantic as you huddle into your throw blanket.You will listen intently to the voices of those such as the unsinkable Molly Brown, to those not quite so famed like the suave gambler and the hungry ship rat up to the very moments of ice hitting steel. The artful prose that Wolf incorporates in this thrilling rendition is exciting, heartbreaking and will have you reading ravenously to the wee hours of the morning. So pull on your life-jackets readers the waves of emotion will have you gasping for air.

Autumn's Review: 4½ out of 5 stars.
Latest Review: "December Rain" by A.L. Goulden

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”