Official Review: Dancing in the White Room by Ute Carbone

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Paliden
Currently Reading: White Cargo
Bookshelf Size: 1028
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paliden.html
Latest Review: "Justified Anger" by Jennifer Colne

Official Review: Dancing in the White Room by Ute Carbone

Post by Paliden »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Dancing in the White Room" by Ute Carbone.]
Book Cover for 1861
Share This Review

Dancing in the White Room is a very emotional book. I was surprised by just how much. We start off meeting Mallory who lives and breathes skiing. She lives with PD Bell, who is a legend in the skiing world and has a reputation as being the best but something of a daredevil as well. Together they have a five year old girl, Emily.

There are several other characters that play an important part in this story. Creech is Mallory's best friend and ex-boyfriend. He is always there for her no matter what and there doesn't seem to be any awkwardness from their history. Danny is PD's grandfather and only living family member. Adam is Creech's younger brother who has always had a crush on "Mallo". There are a few more, minor characters that I won't talk about in this review.

So Mallory and PD seem to really love each other, except for one thing. PD is determined to ski Denali, which is only one of the biggest bad boys out there. The last time he attempted it, he landed in the hospital for several weeks and promised Mallory that he wouldn't try it again. Five years later, he is doing it and no amount of talking or arguing is going to change it. PD leaves on a bad note and Mallory is in a whirlwind of emotions from then on.

Then the unthinkable happens, and Mallory has to decide which direction she really wants her life to go. I won't go into all that as I feel it would take away from the story. Suffice it to say, that we run the gauntlet of emotions in reading this book. You truly feel for Mallory, and the decision she has to make isn't an easy one to decide on. We get to experience every side of Mallory that there is, as a lover, mother, friend, daughter, and her own individual personality as well.

I really enjoyed this story. It was a very real book. Everything in this was as realistic as could be. It's almost like reading Mallory's diary. I was very happy with the ending, as I wasn't very sure which way she was going to go. It was a bittersweet ending, but the right one. I could have done without the language in the book. It was unnecessary in my opinion but thankfully, there wasn't a lot of it. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good drama. I am giving this 4 out of 4 stars.

Buy "Dancing in the White Room" on Amazon
Buy "Dancing in the White Room" on Barnes and Noble
Ute Carbone
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ute Carbone »

Thank you for the lovely review. :)
Paliden
Currently Reading: White Cargo
Bookshelf Size: 1028
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paliden.html

Post by Paliden »

You are very welcome! I enjoyed it!
CapeBretonBookLover
Favorite Author: Too many to list
Favorite Book: Green Hell by Steve Milloy
Currently Reading: Dreamcatcher by Stephen King

Post by CapeBretonBookLover »

looks like a great book. :D
sahmoun2778
Favorite Author: Dana Stabenow
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahmoun2778.html
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen
Reading Device: 1400698987
fav_author_id: 10781

Post by sahmoun2778 »

Good synopsis of the story without giving anything away. Thanks!
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen
honestreviewer
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honestreviewer.html

Post by honestreviewer »

Seems that it is very good review you have done. How did you decide to make it 4 out of 4? Is there any weakness for this book?
Reading lady
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reading-lady.html
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M

Post by Reading lady »

This is a great review. I have read and reviewed another book by this author so I plan to get this book to read as well. She is a good author.
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

Reading lady wrote:This is a great review. I have read and reviewed another book by this author so I plan to get this book to read as well. She is a good author.
She must be! I remember that review! It looked so good! Now I have ANOTHER book to add to my list of books to read!! 8)

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”