The Mars and Venus Diet and Exercise Solution

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JanetteStar
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janettestar.html

The Mars and Venus Diet and Exercise Solution

Post by JanetteStar »

I recently finished reading The Mars and Venus Diet and Exercise Solution by John Gray. This book is designed to help you attain greater health. Since John Gray has made his name as a relationship expert, he gives all his health advice in the context of how it can help your relationship with with spouse. Even if you are not married or in a relationship, the advice in this book will still help you with your health goals.

I have known for a long time the importance of eating healthy foods (fruits, vegetables, whole grains, healthy proteins). What I did not understand until reading this book was the importance of eating the right amount of proteins, carbs and fats at each meal. Since reading this book, I have put this principle into effect and have found it very helpful stabilizing my otherwise frequently low blood sugar. I always craved carbohydrates and even though I usually ate healthy carbs (as opposed to sugar and white flour), I never felt good. Now that I make sure to eat enough fat and protein with my carbohydrates I feel much better.

I also started drinking the lemon, honey, aloe vera and trace minerals drink that he gives a recipe for. I can't say that I specifically notice any difference in how I feel because I have started drinking this every morning, but I do enjoy the drink, and I feel good about the idea of starting my day off with something that is supposed to have a cleansing effect on my body.

As far as all the explanations John Gray gives for the differences between men and women and how they are affected differently by the different neurotransmitters, I found this to be spookily accurate for me and my husband. This is part of what made me feel motivated to give his program a try. I wanted to get my (and my husband's) neurotransmitters balanced. John Gray makes reference to Julia Ross's book The Diet Cure, so I picked this up as well to learn more about how to use amino acids to balance neurotransmitters. The two books together have been very helpful for me in creating better health.

My only complaint about this book is that John Gray gives very little references as to where he comes up with all the scientific information he talks about. He could very easily just be making all of this up. The only thing that makes me want to recommend this book to others is the fact that I have tried much of what he recommends and it has actually helped. If you want good advice on how to balance fats, proteins and carbohydrates in a meal in order to feel better (and it is different for men than it is for women), this book may be for you. And/or if you want to understand what the heck is going on with your spouse's (or your own) mood and how what you eat affects these moods, you will also benefit from reading this book.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”