Review: Naked In Death

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Brittler83
Bookshelf Size: 0

Review: Naked In Death

Post by Brittler83 »

The explosion had Eve jolting. Her stomach twisted as she saw the woman fly backward like a broken doll, the blood spurting out of her forehead. The second shot wasn’t such a shock, but Eve had to force herself to keep her eyes on the screen. After the final report there was silence, but for the quiet music, the fractured breathing. The killer’s breathing.
Naked in Death is the first book in Nora Robert’s (writing as J.D. Robb) In Death series. Eve Dallas, a Homicide Lieutenant with the New York Police and Security Department based in New York City, has spent the last ten years on the force. She’s introduced to the reader in January 2058 as a tough woman barely 30, with a takes no prisoners kind of attitude. She suffers from nightmares, lives for the job, and does her best to get justice for the dead she stands for.

In Naked in Death, Eve Dallas investigates the murder of a high-powered senator’s granddaughter whose body is found naked in her own bed. She uncovers more than the killer’s identity in the course of this book, and the reader is introduced to some very likeable characters along the way.

I always enjoy any of the In Death books for many reasons. They are always fast moving, exciting, and well written. The main and side characters are personable, flawed, and human. I’m never disappointed when I pick up one of these books.
bookworm_by_night
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm-by-night.html

Post by bookworm_by_night »

Was also pleasantly surprised with these books... agree with everything in the original review. However, after reading a few of the books in the series, they seemed to repeat themes.
wendyj
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wendyj.html
Latest Review: "The Smile Ambassadors" by Jeffrey Reid

Post by wendyj »

I agree about the repeating themes.
Latest Review: "The Smile Ambassadors" by Jeffrey Reid
Brittler83

Post by Brittler83 »

I agree as well, but I'm not surprised by it. It's a series, so I expect some overlap and some repetition. It doesn't take away from my enjoyment of the book though.
alycia+
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alycia.html

Post by alycia+ »

In Death series is the best and largest series of books I've ever read. Every book is unique unto themselves, in my opinion. Yes, there is some overlap in the stories but you would expect that when there are 50+ books in the series. To ensure the readers are caught up on the former books by reiterating how the main characters have reached this point in their journey. I find it helpful actually. All of that information, after a while, will get buried. A brief recap brings it back to the forefront.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”