The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AMP76
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: Consilience
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amp76.html
Latest Review: "The Secret Dead" by SW Fairbrother
fav_author_id: 2451

The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo

Post by AMP76 »

The Alchemist
By Paulo Coelho

Santiago, a shepherd boy, treks a journey throughout this allegorical novel. He begins his travels in search of the meaning of a recurring dream. He meets a gypsy who tells him of treasure. While traveling towards the treasure, he meets a king who tells him to sell all his sheep and explains the Personal Legend idea. The king explains to Santiago that Your Personal Legend “is what you have always wanted to accomplish. Everyone when they are young, knows what their Personal Legend is….when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you achieve it.” This quote is the theme of the book, and the journey by Santiago.

I don’t want to write more about this book as I, personally, would not be able to stop writing. It is definitely an all time favorite. The Alchemist is almost a guidebook, to life, riddled with pearls of wisdom and thoughts of value. It is an intellectual, thinking book. I have shared it with many friends who were going thru passages in their own personal lives, and every one of them was able to take a quote, apply it, and pass it on. It is not a mass market self help book. It is allegory. It pertains to anything that you, the reader, imagines that it pertains too. Again, ALL time favorite. Must read.
Adventure...one part stupidty plus two parts perseverence....yeah, that's me!
Latest Review: "The Secret Dead" by SW Fairbrother
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.