UPDATE - Attn mobile users - Help me make this site better!

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

keeopendoor
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-keeopendoor.html

Re: Attention mobile users - Help me make this site better!

Post by keeopendoor »

Make it quicker to load.
Geneen Karstens

Post by Geneen Karstens »

I use my iPad all the time and have no problems.
Yukiora 24
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yukiora-24.html
Latest Review: "Redtail" by Jerry a wilkinson

Post by Yukiora 24 »

Don't send messages about forum replys....
Latest Review: "Redtail" by Jerry a wilkinson
kylier78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kylier78.html

Post by kylier78 »

I use my samsung s2 and my Android tablet. A Mobile site would be good. An app would be excellent. Have you thought of using something like tapatalk forum app?
cherrydumas

Post by cherrydumas »

Nook color tablet
iPhone 4S with iOS 7

I access the site with both.

The iPhone seems to be ok for the most part...I have not run into any issues as far as posts malfunctioning, or the forums/website malfunctioning. However, I think a more mobile website would be good in the regards of possibly putting the key features in more accessible locations...because you so have to do quite a bit of scrolling to get anywhere. However, some mistakes that some mobile websites have, that I have found, is putting too many menus that you have to click to find where you want to go.

The Nook has a few other issues that I have found. The site is quite small, as it displays it as a computer would. If you put the Nook on landscape, it helps a bit, but it also makes links malfunction as sometimes the labels overlap each other. As far as posting...this is where the real problem lies. When you put in any of the emoticons by clicking on them, it sends you to the top of the post ad you have to scroll back to where you where. However, if the post is long enough that it starts moving the box, if you get moved from where the last typed character is, you cannot get back to it. it just makes the screen jump if you try to click or move the cursor down and so you cannot get to where you were. does that make sense? I have not noticed any other issues...hopefully that is it. :smile:
Aubinelizabeth
Favorite Author: S.E. Hinton
Favorite Book: To Kill A Mocking Bird
Currently Reading: 12 Years A Slave
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aubinelizabeth.html
fav_author_id: 4089

Post by Aubinelizabeth »

It works great on my tablet but it would be awesome if you had an app for android
RJohnReves
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rjohnreves.html

Post by RJohnReves »

I exclusively use my android phone and (as you can see by my post count) have no difficulties at all other than typing the posts in. But that is not a site issue.. It is a stupid fat finger on a small keyboard issue.

BTW. Love this place!

-- 08 Aug 2014, 07:57 --
sharma wrote:Hi guys above all message are very useful thanks i affect skin dry rough problem i use to buy online shopping ( tbuy-in/ervamatin-skin-clear.html ) yes Ervamatin Skin Clear is a gel apart from other skin gels is that it has a cent percent
natural formula, with healing and protecting properties. Once you have cleaned your face with a mild Soap, apply the Ervamatin Skin Clear only on those areas of your face affected by pimples and blackheads. For best result

And.. I STILL don't like spam and do not want your magic hair tonic!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

RJohnReves wrote:I exclusively use my android phone and (as you can see by my post count) have no difficulties at all other than typing the posts in. But that is not a site issue.. It is a stupid fat finger on a small keyboard issue.

BTW. Love this place!

-- 08 Aug 2014, 07:57 --
sharma wrote:Hi guys above all message are very useful thanks i affect skin dry rough problem i use to buy online shopping ( tbuy-in/ervamatin-skin-clear.html ) yes Ervamatin Skin Clear is a gel apart from other skin gels is that it has a cent percent
natural formula, with healing and protecting properties. Once you have cleaned your face with a mild Soap, apply the Ervamatin Skin Clear only on those areas of your face affected by pimples and blackheads. For best result
Neither are we (like spam). :wink:

I took care of it, thank you.

By the way, one can report spam by pressing the "report this post" button above the post itself.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
RJohnReves

Post by RJohnReves »

Is that the exclamation point doohickey? I guess I would have known that but I employ the dude rule of never reading the instruction manual.
gali

Post by gali »

RJohnReves wrote:Is that the exclamation point doohickey? I guess I would have known that but I employ the dude rule of never reading the instruction manual.
Lol, it is that indeed. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
RJohnReves

Post by RJohnReves »

I think it is somewhat ironic that the spam was on this thread..
gali

Post by gali »

RJohnReves wrote:I think it is somewhat ironic that the spam was on this thread..
I tend to agree... :lol:
A retired Admin/Mod

Natash_zmch
Currently Reading: Looking for Alaska
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natash-zmch.html

Post by Natash_zmch »

I think the best thing and easiest thing to make the mobile website better is to simply make an app which is specifically for use on a mobile or tablet like once I joined the website the first thing I did was to see if you have an app in the App Store but you don't not only will having an app be easier but it also means that when you are typing a reply you do not have to continuously zoom in and out so that the writing isn't too small or the button isn't too big. I use an iPhone and Have iOS 7 the latest one on Apple
Sfarabee
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sfarabee.html

Post by Sfarabee »

I am unable to figure out how to log in on my mobile device. I am using a apple phone and I use it a lot more than my laptop. I have a hard time figuring out how to log in anyways on my computer. Although, I am new to the website. I did notice my main problem on my iPhone is being able to log in or find the place to log in.
TammyO
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Persuasion
Currently Reading: The Husbands Secret
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tammyo.html
Latest Review: "Double Identity" by Jaye C Blakemore
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by TammyO »

I use my nook hd plus which is an android tablet. I haven't had any issues thus far and I have been using it for about a year now.
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." ~Tom Clancy
Latest Review: "Double Identity" by Jaye C Blakemore

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”