Official Review: Fish Out Of Water by J.L. Hohler III

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
PricilliaDragomir
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Favorite Book: The Stand by Stephen King
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pricilliadragomir.html
Latest Review: "Fish Out Of Water" by J.L. Hohler III
fav_author_id: 3251

Official Review: Fish Out Of Water by J.L. Hohler III

Post by PricilliaDragomir »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Fish Out Of Water" by J.L. Hohler III.]
Book Cover for 6
Share This Review

I just finished reading Fish Out Of Water. It is written by J.L. Hohler III. It is about a girl who is struggling to find herself. Her parents divorce forced her to move and go to a new school and make new friends. She goes from a Catholic private school to a normal public school. It basically turns her world upside down.

I have to admit, this wasn't my favorite book. I probably will not be reading this book again. It really didn't hold that much appeal to me. I think this is because it just isn't the type of book I normally read. I'm not bashing it. It was a good book. It just wasn't one of my favorites.

I have to say this is one of the very few books that I read that I really couldn't stand the main character. She's selfish, rude, close minded, and arrogant. I loved the story itself. I even loved some of the other characters that were in the story. I especially like some of her friends.

I really feel that this book needs to be skimmed for typos. I picked up on a few. There weren't many. I just feel it may need to be re-polished a little bit to fix all of the typos in the book. I don't see any other problems with the grammar other than that.

Another problem the book had was that it seemed to skim over a lot of details. It even skimmed over some of the conversations. There are things that I feel should have been written out to be more understandable. It felt to me like the author may have been bored with a few of these parts. I could be wrong though.

This book doesn't really remind me of any other book. It's just your typical girl struggling to discover herself. I think the targeted audience is really directed at young adults. Anybody can read it though. I just can't think of any other book that this particular one reminds me of.

I fully recommend this book to many teenagers. It would especially be good for teenagers who have parents that are divorcing or who have been divorced. I really enjoyed this story. It wasn't my favorite, but it was good nonetheless. I also recommend it to religious people. I feel that religion does play a big part in this book. It's the backbone of the main character's family.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars.

Buy "Fish Out Of Water" on Amazon
Latest Review: "Fish Out Of Water" by J.L. Hohler III

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”