Official Review: The Recluse Storyteller by Mark W Sasse

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
haines_drew
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haines-drew.html
Latest Review: "The Recluse Storyteller" by Mark W Sasse

Official Review: The Recluse Storyteller by Mark W Sasse

Post by haines_drew »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Recluse Storyteller" by Mark W Sasse.]
Book Cover for 1155
Share This Review

The Recluse Storyteller is the story of a young girl. She’s a very odd girl with quite the imagination. I will say, this is not a book that everyone will enjoy, it is truly an oddity and contains elements of the supernatural, so if that’s not something you like, this may not be the book for you. It does provide lots of opportunity for enjoyment with the 5 stories besides the main one and personally I really enjoyed the book.

The Stories

There are 5 stories inside of the book and each of them is about someone who lives in the young girls’ apartment. My favorite of the stories was that of the twins but only because I find twin related supernatural stories to be creepy I.E. “The Cave.” Some of the other stories are about Cheevers with the red hat and Reverend Davies. I don’t want to go in depth with the stories because I don’t want to spoil anything but each of them has something to offer.

Margaret

I found the main character Margaret to be incredibly relatable, though she may not be to some. She basically talked to no one besides the twins, Pam and Sam, and Aunt Janice. Occasionally she would talk to herself but that’s to be expected from someone with a personality like hers. She left the house once a week, late at night, to buy groceries. Her imagination has practically became her only company since her mother’s death a few years before the story began.

Recommendations

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes wonderful storytelling coupled with thought provoking questions. The stories that Margaret tells are so realistic that it’s hard not to find at least one of them relatable to you. Her stories are able to change people’s lives and they’ll have an influence on yours as well. The way she sees the world is truly fascinating as well as the way she so easily drifts in and out between the real world and her stories.

Conclusions

This book was a fantastic adventure through the life of a troubled young girl. You can’t help but walk away from this book wanting more. While this book raises more questions than it answers, you won’t have a problem with thinking about all the stories over and over again. I would say if you enjoy a good tale or even telling stories yourself, you will enjoy this book.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars.

Buy "The Recluse Storyteller" on Amazon
Buy "The Recluse Storyteller" on Barnes and Noble
Latest Review: "The Recluse Storyteller" by Mark W Sasse

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”