Official Review: Against All Odds by Jazz Singh

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AnaF
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anaf.html
Latest Review: "Deadly Secrets" by Robert Boris Riskin

Official Review: Against All Odds by Jazz Singh

Post by AnaF »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Against All Odds" by Jazz Singh.]
Book Cover for 719
Share This Review

When Sanjana and Abhimanyu first met, they don't exactly leave the best impression of one another. She thinks he's an arrogant snob and to Abhimanyu she's just a con artist who's trying to make a profit out of an accident.

However, their paths keep crossing and they end up changing their minds about one another. What at first seems like friendship, soon grows to something bigger but the differences between them are hard to ignore. He's a wealthy and successful businessman and she's just a small-town girl who's trying to make a name for herself through her work as an interior designer. Their worlds seem to clash but their attraction for one another is undeniable and they keep growing closer. Will their romance be strong enough to overcome all the odds?

This is definitely one of those feel good stories that you want to read when you're craving for something light and fun. It has an incredible setting, the characters are quite lovable and the story is so sweet that you'll only want to stop at it's very end.

Even though it was far from being a perfect story, I think it was quite enjoyable. The characters were well written and likable and their love story was incredibly sweet. Yes, it was a bit of a cliché and predictable but it didn't make me lose interest in it and I actually appreciated the fact that the author was able to create a story that wasn't cheesy (something that seems to be quite common in this genre).

Also, I really enjoyed its setting. I think it was somewhat magical and that it helped to create a more romantic atmosphere. However the inclusion of Hindi terms didn't sit that well with me because I couldn't understand them and I ended up missing entire lines of dialogue because of that. I understand why the author did it but I couldn't help but feel that parts of the story were being "hidden" from me ...

Finally I would just point out the fact that its pacing is, at times, a little fast and that a lot seems to happen in a short amount of time. Even though it's understandable given the length of this story, there were a few moments that I wished had gone by a little slower.

Overall I give this book 3 out of 4 stars. If you're looking for something really light and enjoyable then I would recommend picking this up. It's quick read and the story is really sweet, which makes it the perfect for those times when you're just looking for something to read between more dense or exhausting books.

Buy "Against All Odds" on Amazon
Latest Review: "Deadly Secrets" by Robert Boris Riskin

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”