Official Review: Tierra Templada by Adam Mieczynski

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MeganebuKris22
Favorite Author: Too many to name
Favorite Book: Too many to name
Currently Reading: The Maze Runner Series
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meganebukris22.html
Latest Review: "Petty Offenses and Crimes of the Heart" by Mitchell Waldman

Official Review: Tierra Templada by Adam Mieczynski

Post by MeganebuKris22 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Tierra Templada" by Adam Mieczynski.]
Book Cover for 599
Share This Review

Tierra Templada by Adam Mieczynski is a beautiful collection of poems written from the in-between realm, also known as Tierra Templada, by a very original author. Many of these poems deal with issues that we all face in our lives such as love, sexuality, politics, family, childhood, and other aspects of modern reality.

Thus, creating the constant underlying theme of these poems to be “slice-of-life” and maybe even human interest. The author’s own commentary about these specific areas of modern reality is very creative and is easily portrayed throughout his work making for quite an interesting read given the author’s personal background.

Adam Mieczynski is from Poland and it is stated in his brief biography that he has spent his whole life looking for meaning. This can clearly be seen in his wonderful and insightful poems, as he portrays his own ideas and personal feelings about love, politics, and so on. Adam’s poems are unlike any I’ve ever encountered before because of his Polish background and because of his wonderful sense of individuality easily spoken through his own words.

Now, my personal reactions to this book are overall positive but I do have a few negatives to add as well, mainly just some constructive criticism, but I would like to start with the positive reactions first. One of the first things I noticed when I began reading was Mieczynkski’s marvelous vocabulary usage. He writes with many words that I had to pull out a dictionary for but I was pleasantly surprised when I found out their definitions, because they were all very beautiful and well used within Mieczynski’s work. The next thing that I noticed was how easily the poems seemed to flow together, making it very hard to stop after reading one without moving on to the next to see what topic was going to come up next. Though all of these poems entertain different topics and ideas, they somehow seem to all connect on an underlying and deeper level, which overall encompasses the aforementioned theme of “slice-of-life”.

Moving on to some of the negatives that I had while reading this book, all are pretty minor actually but need to be addressed all the same. First, I was a little disappointed with how some of the poems were formatted, with too many spaces and skipping lines now and then, thus making it a little hard to read and concentrate on the poem itself without getting distracted by the formatting. Also, I did find that some of the poems were a little more difficult to understand and comprehend than others, so I did find myself reading the same poem multiple times, dissecting line by line until I could grasp some form of meaning. Though don’t misunderstand what I’m trying to say because I do believe that while this may be a negative for me, I also think that it’s what makes this author seem so original to me because of how his poems are written.

Overall, I’m giving this book 3 out of 4 stars due to its sheer originality because of the beautiful way in which these poems were written and because of the fantastic portrayal of modern reality and it’s many different life aspects. These poems are definitely worth your time and you won’t walk away feeling disappointed or let down. I believe that there is at least one poem in this collection for everyone no matter what age, race, or sexuality you are and I can almost guarantee that one of these amazing poems will speak to you and move your heart. This is truly a fantastic collection of poems and I look forward to seeing more from this author and his miraculous originality.

Buy "Tierra Templada" on Amazon
Buy "Tierra Templada" on Barnes and Noble
Latest Review: "Petty Offenses and Crimes of the Heart" by Mitchell Waldman

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”