The Light Between Oceans ( have you read it ? )

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
suzy1124
Bookshelf Size: 0

The Light Between Oceans ( have you read it ? )

Post by suzy1124 »

A real snoozer, it's putting me to sleep!...three chapters invested so far, ready to give up...zzzZZZzzz

i usually don't abandon a book and just " slog " through, but this may be the exception...i hate to give up...if it does " get better " and i can see the light at the end of the tunnel, i'd stick w/it...

HELP !...does it get bettet?
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I have read that book and liked it. It started a bit slow, but it picked up steam later.

If you don't like it, just quit it. No use to waste time on book you don't connect to.

"A Tree grows in Brooklyn" is waiting for me as well.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
TraceyTownsend
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by TraceyTownsend »

Although The Light Between Oceans is a 'slow burner' it is a fantastic novel which I highly recommend :D One of my favourite quotes from this book is “The isolation spins its mysterious cocoon, focusing the mind on one place, one time, one rhythm—the turning of the light. The island knows no other human voices, no other footprints. On the Offshore Lights you can live any story you want to tell yourself, and no one will say you’re wrong: not the seagulls, not the prisms, not the wind.”

I found this question on another book forum which I found to be quite though provoking and was very interested to see what other people who have read the book think. "The beam of Janus lighthouse illuminates the ocean for miles around but leaves the island itself in darkness. Discuss the effects of isolation on Tom and Isabel. In what respects does it lead them into moral darkness?" :techie-reference:

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”