Official Review: Delamore's Dreams by Mark H. Masse

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kaylahar6
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylahar6.html
Latest Review: "The Shades" by Anup Dhirwan

Official Review: Delamore's Dreams by Mark H. Masse

Post by kaylahar6 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Delamore's Dreams" by Mark H. Masse.]
Book Cover for 1009
Share This Review

Characters

• Charlie Delamore- the dreamer who drags his family with him on his quest to be somebody
• Eileen Delamore- the wife of Charlie who tries to keep her family together
• Nick Delamore- the middle child who feels that his dad doesn't accept him
• Christopher Delamore- the surprise youngest son who suffers brain damage
• Matt Delamore- the first born perfect child

The Plot

Charlie Delamore is a dreamer. He dreams of being rich and famous, and drags his family along for the ride. He travels from place to place, all with the same goal. That goal is to be rich and famous, to become someone. He jumps between jobs to support his family. Sometimes he gets lucky with a good paying job that gets him known, sometimes not so much. He thinks of his son Matt as the perfect child, but he thinks Nick won't amount to anything and doesn't love him the same way as Matt. the same goes for Chris, his youngest son, who suffers a disability. Charlie believes that Chris won't amount to anything because of his disability.

The story takes place from his son Nick's point of view. Nick is the middle child, and has to deal with his older brother Matt, who seems to be perfect in his father's eyes, and dealing without his father's approval, love, and presence in his life most of the time. He always thought of his father as a hero, but as he gets older and sees the reality of life, he starts to question his father's decisions. He tries to show his father he is important and that he can't be a dreamer for the rest of his life because of how it affects his family.

Eileen tries to hold together her family from falling apart, sometimes with or without Charlie. She has to care for her disabled son, deal with Nick's problems, Charlie's ideas and the family's financial woes.

Through Nick's struggles, everyone can see what kind of man Charlie really is.

My Review

I thought that this book was amazing. The story was exciting, suspenseful, and concluded itself without a cliffhanger.

I thought that the story was beautifully written, with no errors and flowed nicely. The story itself was amazing and made you want to keep reading it till you finished it. I would give it four out of four stars and would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to read a great book.

Overall, I would give the book four out of four stars.

Buy "Delamore's Dreams" on Amazon
Buy "Delamore's Dreams" on Barnes and Noble
Latest Review: "The Shades" by Anup Dhirwan

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”