Official Review: Lingering... by Casey Harvell

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lbuckman
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lbuckman.html
Latest Review: "Lingering..." by Casey Harvell

Official Review: Lingering... by Casey Harvell

Post by lbuckman »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Lingering..." by Casey Harvell.]
Book Cover for 2940033058112
Share This Review

I really enjoyed reading ‘ Lingering’ by Casey Harvell. The book is an easy, fast read that kept me engrossed and interested from the first page – right up til the end. After reading the book I would classify this as a romantic suspense.

This book opens with Penelope starting to enter into a regular routine of work and daily living after taking refuge at her grandmother’s house in a small town after suffering a tragic event. By doing this she develops new friends and need to learn to trust again. The strength of her new found friendships help her to reclaim her previous interests in life.

After starting to live a normal life again, the past unfortunately intrudes on her peace. Events occur that soon cause Penelope to share her past with her new friends and they are all forced to face Penelope’s past head on. Penelope discovers that, with her new relationships, she is better equipped than before to handle her past.

The book contains much emotion, drama and descriptive commentary and dialogue. I was able to quickly get pulled into the story and into the life of Penelope, her grandmother and her friends – Riley, Tim and Emily. The romantic relationship that begins is predictable, yet enjoyable to read. There is enough conversation and action happening from the beginning of the book right thru to the end to keep the reader entertained, and wanting read more. After getting to know the characters in the book, suspense was then added – and this kept the book from becoming too predictable. Although for the most part I was able to predict what would happen next in the book, there were enough times that I wasn’t quite correct that allowed me to enjoy a few surprises. Even though the main characters suffered from past tragic events, the focus of the book was on the positive the friends found in the new relationships that were formed.

At times, the story felt it needed a burst of energy – whenever I thought this, I wasn’t disappointed – within a few pages, something new seemed to always happen – leaving me wanting to find out how the current situation would end.
Some people might find the plot predictable and a bit sugary – however those traits make the book that much more irresistible – it is hard to not smile and the relationships and the characters as they develop their feelings towards each other. There was enough in the book that wasn’t predictable which made it that much more of a joy to read.

This book is a very fast reading – and a book that you won’t want to put down until the end. Fans of a sweet romance with a bit of mystery/suspense will enjoy this book. I look forward to reading more books by this author. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars.

Buy "Lingering..." on Amazon
Buy "Lingering..." on Barnes and Noble
Latest Review: "Lingering..." by Casey Harvell

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”