Twilight Vs. Harry Potter

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
tired01
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tired01.html

Re: Twilight Vs. Harry Potter

Post by tired01 »

twilight - i remember skipping pages trying to find something anything that was better than realms of prose, moonstruck prose.

I can't remember doing that for Potter
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

Maybe it's because I grew up with the Potter series and it has a special place in my childhood, but I don't think there's much of a comparison.

The writing in Harry Potter grew along with the characters (and often along with the readers), while the writing in Twilight was a stagnant blah all the way through. Twilight was a big hit with the tweens, while Harry Potter was a big hit with readers of all ages, regardless of age and gender.

Twilight is in no way the new Harry Potter. The writing is too poor, the audience is too narrow, and Edward Cullen will never be able to even compare to Neville Longbottom, not even on a good day.
Cool Books
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cool-books.html
Latest Review: "Life And Beyond" by Aruen Sood

Post by Cool Books »

I think Harry potter is better than Twilight not because twilight is worse or anything but because Harry potter was part of my childhood and Twilight was not. Also that Twilight was less towards a goal all it was was romance and i liked Harry potter more because there was less romance and more magic. Both of these books are good but i believe that Harry potter is better than Twilight.
Latest Review: "Life And Beyond" by Aruen Sood
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

I honest to god do not think Twilight is a work of literary merit. I consider Harry Potter to be just that.
Colbycomp22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-colbycomp22.html

Post by Colbycomp22 »

I view Harry Potter as a more sophisticated read than Twilight is. I always found the Twilight books to be more of guilty pleasures. I also think that the Harry Potter novels built a much better and expansive world than in the Twilight books with more deep and diverse characters. This is just my opinion though (:
jonre+
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jonre.html

Post by jonre+ »

I loved the Twilight series. After book one I couldn't put them down. Comparing Twilight to Harry Potter though would be hard for me because they wre so different. Twilight is full of romance where Harry Potter has very little. Twilight has Edward vs Jacob. HP has Harry as main character. Love the fantasy of both.
youngs90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-youngs90.html

Post by youngs90 »

I will take Twilight over Harry Potter. I own all of the books and have never even opened the Harry Potter. I received the set as a gift. People know I love to read but those types of books do not appeal to me very much. I will take the Vampires and Werewolves any day.
alex_
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex.html

Post by alex_ »

They are both good but each has their own unique qualities that make them good.

Harry Potter is a great series because it allows kids and adults to let loose their imagination and see how the characters have grown. It also gives you an opportunity to reflect on your own growth.

Twilight is a more of a romance genre and like Harry Potter it also shows the depths of a character maturing.

All in all they are both good books about growing up and either one of them would make a good read.
Ruben Alvarez

Post by Ruben Alvarez »

don't like twilight as much, Harry Potter is alot more interesting and entertaining
MrNeutrino

Post by MrNeutrino »

I found the Twilight series to be a difficult read, mostly because I found the characters so boring; I couldn't really connect with any of them on an emotional level and I didn't particularly enjoy being in their heads (particularly Bella). Comparing it to the Harry Potter series... having the main trio actually develop as characters was a lot of fun to read.

(I'm definitely a little biased though, if only because I grew threw my teenage years with Harry, Ron and Hermione and there's some sentimental value for me there!)
alierae
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alierae.html

Post by alierae »

Harry Potter is a much more complex book series, you really can't compare the two as they are nothing alike. They both deal with fictional creatures and some sci-fi, but other than that, they are too different to really compare on such a general level.

Both have their perks and both have their downfalls.
rox_danyel
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rox-danyel.html

Post by rox_danyel »

Twilight and harry potter should not be used in the same sentence lol. They are both very different books. Harry potter is hands down better than twilight....movies as well!
kody
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kody.html

Post by kody »

I do not think that Harry Potter and Twilight should be compared side by side. The only thing, in my opinion, that they have in common is that I hated the last book of both series. Call me old fashioned but I do not like when an author builds up the suspense and then kills it or when the author kills off some of your favorite characters.
speedesch2
Favorite Book: The Galway Homicides #4-6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-speedesch2.html

Post by speedesch2 »

I'm definitely a Harry Potter fan. I don't think you can compare the two anyway, they are very different creations.
emmadbaker1
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Favorite Book: Prisoner of Azkaban
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmadbaker1.html
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by emmadbaker1 »

Ha! I agree with you about being able to like both but I don't think there should have ever been a competition to begin with. I love twilight, don't get me wrong...But Harry Potter is genius. They're not even the same. Sure they're both fantasy but one is wizardry and one is vampire/werewolves. How did they ever start being compared?!?

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”