Twilight Vs. Harry Potter

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
hermione123
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hermione123.html
Latest Review: "Beyond MS Your Best Life" by Rosalie Richards

Re: Twilight Vs. Harry Potter

Post by hermione123 »

Harry Potter for me absolutely! Bella Swan is too much of a damsel in distress for my taste.
Latest Review: "Beyond MS Your Best Life" by Rosalie Richards
juliarginn1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by juliarginn1 »

Twilight is a love story, Harry Potter is not. How are we supposed to compare the two again? They were both good. Twilight is obviously more understood by 15 year old girls than Harry Potter is. Harry Potter is more understood by nerds or people who like mythical things. As someone else said, it's apples and oranges! Both are good in their own way.
dahlia00

Post by dahlia00 »

Twilight would be my choice. I was very drawn to them and could not put them down. I tried Harry Potter and it just did not work out for me, although I would try to read them again and see if my feelings have changed over the years about them.
TissueGoddess

Post by TissueGoddess »

In my opinion, the Harry Potter series has a re-readable quality which Twilight lacks. The Twilight books were entertaining and kept me reading (though I hate the viewpoint changes in the last book- it's seriously my pet peeve), but I only needed to read then once. I reread Harry Potter from time to time because I enjoy the way the author wove the story together. There are so many intricacies that are easily missed during the first read.
laura-holmwood
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-holmwood.html

Post by laura-holmwood »

Twilight and Harry Potter are so different but I do often hear debates and people arguing which one they think is better. In my opinion I loved both of them. Harry Potter was so full of fun and imagination and Twilight was a capturing fiction love story. Both authors are geniuses in my mind.
GwenWood
Favorite Author: Kim Harrison
Favorite Book: The Harry Potter Series
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gwenwood.html
Reading Device: B01AZ7LT20
fav_author_id: 4193

Post by GwenWood »

Both are good. Potter is better. However, Meyer knew nothing of vampires when she set out to write Twilight. I have to give her props for imagination.
a_adele10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-adele10.html

Post by a_adele10 »

How is this even a subject? I don't feel like Twilight can compare at all to the HP series. Story line, character development, depth of the created world, use of language and phrasing, actual growth and purpose throughout the series...HP ranks so much higher in these categories and more. I really don't think comparing the two is even worth it.
Kuzpie
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kuzpie.html

Post by Kuzpie »

The Twilight Series was a fun read but I'm a Potthead through and through.
Twilight seemed to focus greatly on the love triangle. While that certainly brought out the teenage fangirl in me, the Harry Potter Series is so much MORE. Theres some romance in the later books but it is also about friendship, bravery and defying the odds. The characters grow and are just as flawed as they are gifted.
Also, Bella wasn't a very appealing character and Edward seemed more controlling than romantic when I think about it now. Twi-hards are always arguing over Team Edward vs. Team Jacob but I stand by the party line "Weasley is our King."
Eternallyjaded

Post by Eternallyjaded »

I would have to say that Harry Potter was the better of the two. Don't get me wrong I was a Twilight fan of the first two books, but when it got to the third I literally threw the book against a wall because I'd read it half-way when I realized that I couldn't even remember what it was I read. Which really irritated me. That never happened with the Harry Potter series not once did I forget the story line, what was going on with the characters and so on. While I find it annoying that the fans of either book series attempt to compare the two of them, when they don't really have a lot to compare too in the first place. Twilight is a love story and how two individual meet, break up, meet again and fight for their love. Harry Potter is about growing up, facing responsibility's that seem impossible but somehow turn out well, action and in the later books a little romance. These two are completely different and shouldn't be compared.....Although Harry Potter was better :)
wanderingmuses
Favorite Author: Too many.
Favorite Book: Way too many.
Currently Reading: The Darkest Minds.
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wanderingmuses.html

Post by wanderingmuses »

Harry Potter will always be the better option for me. Twilight was very entertaining to read and I liked it but you can't ignore all the problematic things that it has in the story and some of the negative messages it displays. Harry Potter teaches us so many valuable lessons about life, friendship, death, etc. While Twilight and Harry Potter are two different type of books, Harry Potter provides a more well-rounded type of reading than Twilight does. Bella wasn't an appealing character and annoyed me so much with her bland personality and frankly, her stupidity. The love triangle was "fun" to read but got very redundant soon. Harry Potter was a series that grew up with me and put me into a world that I loved and will always be a series that will be re-read.
mikenbel
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mikenbel.html

Post by mikenbel »

I felt that the Twilight series was just a love story with werewolves and vampires doing the falling in love. Harry Potter was a much more engaging and comprehensive story overall, and much more effectively captured my interest.
Enijmas
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enijmas.html

Post by Enijmas »

I enjoyed both and continue to have a urge to re-visit either one occasionally, but I do feel that Harry Potter is slightly grittier, and anchored by the plot and the characters all way till the end, making development of plot from the first book to the last appear more seamless, while Twilight's development felt more segmented, with the ending more of a feel-good-too-good-to-be-true kind of wrap up.

Nevertheless, I love them both. (:
salberson 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salberson-10.html

Post by salberson 10 »

Twilight - I liked it but left it
Harry Potter I will revisit for the rest of my life.
KairaReads88
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kairareads88.html

Post by KairaReads88 »

I completely agree I personally did not grow up with the harry potter books, however I did read the twilight books and quite adored them. I then went on to read the harry potter novels and I enjoyed those as well. But they were way to different to be compared.
Ellandreading

Post by Ellandreading »

You really can't compare twilight to Harry potter based on one is a vampire and another is a wizard book/movie but probably Harry potter because of creativity and magic

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”