Twilight Vs. Harry Potter

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Immanythings
Favorite Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Favorite Book: Night PLay
Currently Reading: Assessing English Language Learners
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 3137

Re: Twilight Vs. Harry Potter

Post by Immanythings »

Hello Fellow Readers,

Although Harry Potter started as a kids series and grew it still doesn't compare to the gore of the Twilight Saga. There is blossoming romance and then there is the romance of Bella and Edward that starts at the mid to late stage of high school. I love both but I have to side with Twilight on the side of action, suspense and romance.
maverick37
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by maverick37 »

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading both sets equally. I don't think that to compare the two is really fair and does justice to either series. If I had to pick my favorite of the two I would pick Twilight. I enjoy vampire stories of all kinds.
Immanythings
Favorite Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Favorite Book: Night PLay
Currently Reading: Assessing English Language Learners
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 3137

Post by Immanythings »

maverick37,

Ther is nothing like a good ole bloodsucker story to get the juices going on the level of horror!!
mariajean_77
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariajean-77.html

Post by mariajean_77 »

The books have nothing in common other than they're both teen literature. Vampires and wizards, while both mythical, are not even remotely the same. Also, the focus of each series is drastically different. Twilight is a romance series while romance is on the back burner in Harry Potter and is only there to show the aging and maturity of the characters. I just can't see how there's a comparison between these two books. In terms of literary awe, J.K. Rowling probably trumps Stephanie Meyer, but Stephanie Meyer was not trying to make a "Harry Potter" type series. The writing styles of both authors are very different and each author focused on very different aspects of literature. Twilight has fewer layers of development and is focused almost completely on the relationships of the characters, Harry Potter is like a Rubik's cube of secrets and a million other things. I enjoyed both series but I could never truly compare them.
Kaitlin Lake
Favorite Author: Richelle Mead
Favorite Book: The Vampire Academy Series
Currently Reading: The City Of Heavenly Fire
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlin-lake.html
fav_author_id: 782

Post by Kaitlin Lake »

Twilight and Harry Potter is nothing alike really. Even though they are both fiction one is about vampires and the other is about witches and wizards. I have read both series and they were both extraordinary reads, but I can not and would not choose between them. I recommend these books to anyone who loves fiction. :D
Valerie_Balch
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Valerie_Balch »

Harry potter is a much better series in more than one way! Twilight will never have the fan base like harry potter as well.
aaa1234
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaa1234.html

Post by aaa1234 »

I would go for twillight.

-- 18 Jan 2015, 05:47 --

I would go for twillight.
Lushlala
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Lushlala »

I think they are both good, but in very different ways. I think Harry Potter is the better of the two, though :)

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”