Twilight Vs. Harry Potter

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bibliomaniac_23
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Twilight Vs. Harry Potter

Post by bibliomaniac_23 »

As far as plot building, scene description and character building, I would say HP was better all through the series. Twilight had fewer characters, fewer twists and a relatively simple plot without scope for too much experimentation. Rowling killed off major characters, ran sub-plots and did an overall better job of capturing the reader's imagination.

-- 09 Apr 2014, 07:08 --

As far as plot building, scene description and character building, I would say HP was better all through the series. Twilight had fewer characters, fewer twists and a relatively simple plot without scope for too much experimentation. Rowling killed off major characters, ran sub-plots and did an overall better job of capturing the reader's imagination.
jlrossetti
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jlrossetti.html

Post by jlrossetti »

Twilight was in no way the "new" Harry Potter. Harry Potter was a fantasy based around a genre of preteen to younger teens, though it brought readers of all ages. Harry Potter had an ability to entrance anyone into a world of magic and enjoyment. Twilight is a book intended for older teens and adults. While anyone can read Harry Potter, Twilight is left for the more mature audiences only. Children or younger teens should not be reading some of the material in the Twilight series.
Dezire06
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dezire06.html

Post by Dezire06 »

I Have Read All The Twilight and Harry Potter Books. I Loved Everyone of them , But they are 2 Different types of Beings You have your Vampires and you have your Warlock/Witches.
erasmus
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erasmus.html
Latest Review: "Torn Between" by Karen A Miles
Reading Device: B00GQDBS7O

Post by erasmus »

I have no idea how Twilight can be the new Harry Potter. They are in two completely different worlds during different times. And that is only comparison on the surface level. Harry Potter enthralls the reader with its magical world and frankly amusing use of magic and wordplay. While it gets darker as the series goes on, wit and humor will always be a part of Harry Potter.

Twilight, however, is set in the 21st century and focuses only mythical creatures of vampires and shape shifters together with their culture, all of which created by Stephenie Meyer, in which romance and drama abound. It has a more serious undertone from the outset. The Twilight series is also for slightly mature audiences. I doubt young children or young teens would appreciate reading about the drama and love triangle between Edward, Bella and Jacob.
Latest Review: "Torn Between" by Karen A Miles
Bookworm4ever

Post by Bookworm4ever »

I love the Harry Potter books and have re-read them so many times that I can't remember how many times I have read them!
I really like the twilight books, however they are in no competition with Harry Potter as I think that the twilight books are definitely not as good as the Harry Potter books.
TeenBookReviews
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teenbookreviews.html

Post by TeenBookReviews »

They are two different stories by two different authors. But if I had to HP.
Claire Warner

Post by Claire Warner »

Apples and oranges..

Twilight is more about the romantic drama and HP is a far larger plot based in a fantasy world. I have enjoyed both, but a comparison is ludicrous as they're two totally different stories.
Deemae22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deemae22.html

Post by Deemae22 »

Twilight is not and will never be like Harry Potter. Harry Potter is what my generation will view as a classic when they are older, as series that they will read to their children so that they can experience the passion and excitement that J.K. Rowling had put into them.
I'm not saying Stephanie Meyer is not passionate about the Twilight series but it will never ever compare to the beauty that is the Harry Potter series
EvolZob

Post by EvolZob »

These are two completely different series all together. I can't see how they would be compared to each other. The books of course were both better than the movies, not saying the movies were bad, but not up to par with the books. Both Twilight and Harry Potter were page turners. In their own ways.
aida12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aida12.html

Post by aida12 »

No there is no need to choose only one book to love. If anything the first thing we learn when we first start to red is that the more books you love the better. So yes this whole twilight vs. Harry is pretty silly. But I guess some just feel that one thing deserves more than another. If so leave them be.
Superman747
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-superman747.html

Post by Superman747 »

I think Harry Potter would be the best.
KirstyJ1994
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirstyj1994.html

Post by KirstyJ1994 »

Enjoyed both series but there is no competition, Harry Potter wins hands down!
nohelanib
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nohelanib.html

Post by nohelanib »

I don't see how Twilight could be considered the new Harry Potter, back when this discussion started. They are completely different story lines. But I have to say, I am a total nerd for Harry Potter! Probably my favorite series ever and I totally cried when reading the seventh book. I think the skill of writing is significantly better in Harry Potter than Twilight and way more enjoyable!
keeopendoor
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-keeopendoor.html

Post by keeopendoor »

I prefer hp
Lady_Delish
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-delish.html

Post by Lady_Delish »

I really can't see how they can be compared?! They have nothing in common. The only thing you can compare is if you like each one or not. I certainly love Harry Potter! I've read the books a couple of times and watched the movies so many times I can't count(though the last parts weren't as good as the previous). However, it was quite different with Twilight. Watching the first movie was literally painful for me, because there was just empty staring between the actors, hardly any lines or emotions for the most of it. Still I decided to watch the whole series, just to see what all the fuss was about. I have to admit that the main plot was good, and the directing eventually got better within the next part. I can say honestly that the very last movie was pretty interesting and intense, but I still have no desire to read the books.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”