Twilight Vs. Harry Potter

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Attempted_Eloquence
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Twilight Vs. Harry Potter

Post by Attempted_Eloquence »

Though they are both well written and imaginatively derived, Harry Potter is a literary monument, appealing to all readers. For that reason it's sure to stand the test of time, whereas Twilight (as famous as it might seem at present) will most likely only ever be remembered as a fleeting flurry of novels in the history of popular culture.
Raveenasamuel

Post by Raveenasamuel »

I'm coming in slightly late to this discussion, but as soon as I see Harry Potter, that's where I need to be! Needless to say that I am a crazy HP fan. I've read both the series and in my opinion there is no comparison between the two. Harry Potter is a fantastically written series and J.K Rowling is an absolute genius. Everything she writes has a meaning, there are no fillers and every single moment of the book is connected. She doesn't write to fill pages, she makes them come to life through every character and each of their back stories. Twilight, though it is a cute love story and of course Edward is a total dreamboat, just doesn't have the literary depth as HP. Yes, the stories are different, and the authors tell their stories differently, but in my opinion, J.K Rowling wrote a perfect story and perfect characters, regardless of the flaws they might have each possessed.
HP for the win I'm afraid!
lizzieclifton
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizzieclifton.html

Post by lizzieclifton »

While I enjoyed harry potter I just couldnt get into the story line as much while twilight was kinda sappy its storyline was more understanding.
EnciuDana96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enciudana96.html

Post by EnciuDana96 »

I suppose it rather depends on what you consider to be good literature. I have read both Twilight and Harry Potter and I can honestly say that there is no other comparaison that can truly highlight the difference between generations quite like this one does. Harry Potter is a book about a boy who manages to get through hardship and does not give up despite the odds while Twilight is a story about a girl who finds the meaning of life only when she meets a guy. I liked both stories, do not let me be missunderstood. However I do believe the two stand and preach utterly different ideologies.
RebekaV
Favorite Author: J K Rowling
Favorite Book: Jane Eyre
Currently Reading: Guardian of Deceit
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebekav.html
Latest Review: "Memories from the Front Line" by Henry Chew, Neil Jopson

Post by RebekaV »

I read both of the series and watched the movies made out of them and I just don't understand why they have to be compared. I was actually a fan of Twilight until I read the 4th book. That was just a complete deal-breaker for me. I grew up with the Harry Potter movies since I was 7, but only read the books recently and I still loved them! I liked both the storyline and the actual writing better in HP. For a lot of people the literary value of a book doesn't matter anymore, but it is really good to be able to read something that is both interesting and well-written.
Latest Review: "Memories from the Front Line" by Henry Chew, Neil Jopson
miabloch

Post by miabloch »

Harry Potter without question for me.
CorkyReedWatt
Favorite Author: John Irving
Favorite Book: A Prayer for Owen Meany
Currently Reading: The Hunger Games
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corkyreedwatt.html
fav_author_id: 2417
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Midlife Fairy Tales and Murder

Post by CorkyReedWatt »

For me, these are totally different stories and not very comparable. From a quality point of view, I preferred Harry Potter with the deep descriptions and great characters.
PillanReads
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pillanreads.html

Post by PillanReads »

I read both series. And why compare? They are two different genre. Ok, they are both fantasy but the Twilight serie is a love story. I am amazed every time I hear a boy says he read the Twilight series. I guess that proves that you can read anything as long there is some bad as-kicking-action in the book. When I read Twilight I feel in love too. I felt it in my whole body. Harry Potter on the other hand has love but is not a love story but a real fantasy story with all right elements. I have read the books about Harry Potter many times but I will read the twilight series only once.
_BlackRabbit_
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackrabbit.html

Post by _BlackRabbit_ »

I think that it would be silly to compare the Harry Potter and Twilight series. I've read both series and they are laughably different. The only thing they are similar in is popularity. Harry Potter was a series that started off as a children's book that developed and grew with its readers. Twilight....I won't lie, I did not enjoy it, but I can understand how people can enjoy it. Twilight is a series that works in popularity kind of like Fifty Shades of Grey (but with vampires instead of S&M); it is a guilty pleasure.
readingqueen14

Post by readingqueen14 »

I don't think that just because you like Harry Potter means that you can't read or like Twilight and vice versa! Both series are great in their own ways! If you are a person that believes you can only read Harry Potter or Twilight then I'm sorry your missing out on some great books because of it! :)
Dtor3592
Favorite Book: The Night Circus
Currently Reading: Wicked

Post by Dtor3592 »

I found it hard to get into the twilight series because I felt her writing was very poor. The story line didn't even appeal to me. But the Harry Potter series I grew up with and I absolutely loved it!!!
t_ris512

Post by t_ris512 »

I have started Twilight before, at a much younger age, and didn't quite get into it. Personally, I would want to try again, to give it a fair chance but the story line just doesn't quite catch my attention. The Harry Potter series was very well written and it is one of those series I would read over and over again. Each series has their own fans but they are very different from one another and should be judged on their own.
kstanley1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kstanley1.html

Post by kstanley1 »

There's no comparison! To me, Twilight was so poorly written, while Harry Potter was completely thought out and complex. The stories are incredibly different and I feel like so is the audience that they are targeted to.
Amberbogumil
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amberbogumil.html

Post by Amberbogumil »

Personally I haven't read the Harry Potter Books, but I have read the twilight ones. I didn't really enjoy them though, I felt she described things too much that it became a bit boring. I am like a die-hard twilight fan too so It wasn't the story I didn't like and I really enjoyed the films. I am hoping to read the Harry Potter books in the future but I feel almost sure that they will be better
RoseEmerald1116

Post by RoseEmerald1116 »

Twilight because I've always been into romance and fiction and twilight gives me both

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”