Twilight Vs. Harry Potter

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LSWS07
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lsws07.html
Latest Review: "Out of the Shadows and into the Darkness" by Senta Holland

Re: Twilight Vs. Harry Potter

Post by LSWS07 »

Apples and oranges, indeed. Twilight just doesn't compare. I'm not trying to disparage the book, and I have only read one in that series, but I never felt a sense of wonder or relatability to Twilight. It was just a book you read for fun while you're waiting for something better.
Latest Review: "Out of the Shadows and into the Darkness" by Senta Holland
amybo82
Favorite Author: David Sedaris
Favorite Book: cannot pick just one
Currently Reading: Calypso
Bookshelf Size: 1517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amybo82.html
Latest Review: The Adventures of The Gorilla Billies by Mark J Stopford
Reading Device: B00TA9FD2M
Publishing Contest Votes: 17
fav_author_id: 2790

Post by amybo82 »

Harry Potter has a better storyline and is more well-written. The characters are developed really well, and the there is truly a magic about the books. The Twilight series, on the other hand, is a fun, light read that I didn't take too seriously. Both series held my attention and were fairly interesting, but Harry Potter is leaps and bounds above Twilight, for sure!
A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. –Neil Gaiman
shameca120
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by shameca120 »

I like Twilight but I love Harry Potter!
Archie1791
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-archie1791.html

Post by Archie1791 »

OMG.. Its stupidity to compare the Harry Potter and twilight Series. Harry Potter is like a legend, Twilight is an ordinary man. Don't humiliate Harry Potter. Its on its way to classic for our future generations and Twilight is fun to read. :)
MissJilly

Post by MissJilly »

These 2 books are so different but at the same time very similar. I would have to chose Harry Potter because of the magical aspect. But Twilight is just as good with the vampire, human relationship. Very tough chose but HP it is for me. :D
bookwrm22
Favorite Book: any book that someone took time to write
Currently Reading: Sherlock Holmes + Percy Jackson series
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookwrm22.html

Post by bookwrm22 »

And all this time, I thought the competition was between Twilight and The Hunger Games...
plholcomb23

Post by plholcomb23 »

Twilight.....since I haven't read Harry Potter
noobslayer975

Post by noobslayer975 »

Harry Potter and Twilight have both been very well constructed books. In my opinion no one is the winner they are both honesty good.
hollirm
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollirm.html

Post by hollirm »

I don't think that Twilight is the new Harry Potter or that its better. I like them both equally, although, I prefer the Harry Potter Movies over the Harry Potter books. I also prefer the Twilight books to the Twilight movies. I like the point of view of Twilight better than Harry Potter, but I think that they both are incredible stories and they both have impacted my life.
Athena23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athena23.html

Post by Athena23 »

Harry Potter wins out. I loved Twilight however Harry potter had so much more of adventure and made me tense and many placed. I couldn't wait for the next books to come out or to even get to the next chapter. Whereas with twilight I didn't experience this kind of excitement. You know, where every one in the house is asleep and you want to huddle in a corner with a flashlight. I did with Harry Potter until the very last page or until I would fall asleep where I sat
WolfhoundExpress

Post by WolfhoundExpress »

I do not believe you can compare the two except to say they appeal to a specific audience. Harry Pooter excelled at creating a plot, creating structure to the characters, building a visual place for those characters using very descriptive verbiage along with outlining a structure to help determine the difference between right and wrong. Young children are eager for all these things in a story and they actually crave that plot structure. Adolescents, on the other hand, are in need of something more superficial that that can be a deep heart breaker, a lighter read that envelopes how they wish the world could be (who doesn't dream of meeting or romancing a gorgeous vampire or werewolf) and crave a different idea of hero worship that fills them with a sense of well being, romance and fulfillment in their circle of life. Twilight does that for teens and maybe even adults. So, it is difficult to compare the two as they are drastically different however, they definitely appeal to their intended audience.
Books_are_Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 940
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-books-are-life.html
Latest Review: The Gryphon by Paula Grover
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Books_are_Life »

They are different in every way possible. True they are both good series but I would say that Harry Potter is better mainly to the fact that it has more meat to the story.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

No question, Harry Potter. Twilight is a good story, but there is something really special and magical about Harry Potter. Harry Potter has a better, more intricate plot, better writing, more imaginative character and setting development, just everything about the Harry Potter series puts it in a whole 'nother league above Twilight.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
akanshagupta569

Post by akanshagupta569 »

I like both of them Harry Potter and Twilight. Both are of very different concepts and awesome to read.
m_chael91

Post by m_chael91 »

i love twilight and Harry Potter each one of them gave me something that the other didn't have. there is no comparison in my opinion. i believe that both books/Movies were each brilliant in their own way.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”