Twilight Vs. Harry Potter

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
garydeanbaker
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-garydeanbaker.html

Re: Twilight Vs. Harry Potter

Post by garydeanbaker »

Either series is a good read. But on the other hand they are a very different read. Twilight is more on the romantic/teenage side of the spectrum. While HP offered a chance for the readers to grow up with him.
Those are two very different times in our lives, different experiences.

Both are worth experiencing.
tracy1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tracy1.html

Post by tracy1 »

They are both a good series of books. And I am a fan of both. I don't believe there should be competition as I think people can like both series.
Samrozie23

Post by Samrozie23 »

I personally found it much easier to get into the Harry Potter series than Twilight. I tried multiple times to read twilight and just couldn't catch my attention quick enough. Harry Potter on the other hand caught my attention right away and before I knew it I was done the book. But I believe that both series are good, just may appeal to different audiences and different taste and I don't know if I agree with the constant comparing of the two, as they are different series all around in my opinion.
jenniferhurley
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenniferhurley.html

Post by jenniferhurley »

i read both. i think twilight is easier to get into, harry potter was quite slow but ultimately more enjoyable. although i liked twilight, the style of writing annoyed me and i have found the books impossible to reread, yet harry potter i feel i can reread every couple of months. i wouldn't say i compared them, they were clearly different and i think people try to force the issue. many people like both
A_showers1196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-showers1196.html

Post by A_showers1196 »

Twilight and Harry Potter are impossible to compare. When people bash one or the other because of a passion they have for one, it is absolutely ridiculous and immature. In my eyes both the Twilight Saga and the Harry Potter series are very well written and the movies are pretty good as well (I'm currently watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix as I write this). Although I favor HP, I wouldn't hate on Twilight.

Apples to oranges folks.
1Book-a-Holic-Ila2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1book-a-holic-ila2.html

Post by 1Book-a-Holic-Ila2 »

I love both of them equally :)
stillnotspecial
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stillnotspecial.html

Post by stillnotspecial »

Twilight in my min falls under the category of the worst books ever written. The characters are flat and addiction is being passed out as true love. Harry Potter is something else and actually discusses stuff and people have consequences for their choices. Though twilight and Harry Potter both play an important part in my childhood, Harry potter grew up with me and helped me grow up whereas Twilight was the time period where I started to view the world how it really was. So in my opinion Harry potter is as good as they get in books.
Yangu_38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yangu-38.html

Post by Yangu_38 »

Potter. The content is better
SparklingOne
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: A Breath of Snow and Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklingone.html
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by SparklingOne »

I think Harry Potter is more for kids and teens (even big kids :-). Twilight was more for young girls and women, don't know too many fellas who caught the Twilight bug. Different audiences make for a difficult time making a comparison, and each would have its supporters and detractors. Personally read the Harry Potter books, but couldn't make it through the first quarter of Twilight which I thought started off much more dark and morose. Since a story speaking to someone is so personal an experience how could you compare them. The only thing that links them at all are their paranormal aspects. That said....millions have enjoyed both the movie and book version of both now.
Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.
The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
TrishaK_1993

Post by TrishaK_1993 »

So I’m bran new to this site and this will be my first post. I have read both book series and enjoyed them both. I have never understood why everyone tries to compare them and make one better than the other because they are vastly different books. Harry potter is a book series having to do more with mortal peril and saving the world. even though they have characters who start out very young I do not believe these are children’s books. They are an adventure book series that deal more with social stigmas and doing the right thing then romance. Twilight on the other hand still has some adventure and suspense. But is at its most basic form a romance novel series. Granted more like a vanilla romance geared towards teens but untimely still a romance. In the end how can you compare them. they are vastly different, many people attempt to compare them as if they are two versions on the same books. They are totally different types of books and stand alone in their respective sections. I do agree that they are both good book series all on their own though and totally worth a read.
ravenclaw
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ravenclaw.html

Post by ravenclaw »

Definitely Harry Potter.
chloexny
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chloexny.html

Post by chloexny »

Honestly I prefer Twilight Saga over Harry Potter, this may be biased due to my attraction to Robert Pattinson, although I did find the Harry Potter books a real page turner.
colemaba
Favorite Author: I can never decide
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 21844">the hinger games</a>
Currently Reading: Enders Game
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-colemaba.html
Latest Review: "Angel of Destiny" by T.L.Adams

Post by colemaba »

I loved them both, and I think that they are in two separate categories. I hate when people make it a competition. I think they should be able to stand on their own.
Latest Review: "Angel of Destiny" by T.L.Adams
BrookeWilliamson

Post by BrookeWilliamson »

To me, these are two totally different books which appeal to different audiences so to compare them isn't right.

Harry Potter appeals to audiences that want to be a child again. The Harry Potter generation started out very young and it is a series that grew up along with the readers. As the characters aged and the story progressed and developed, so did the lives of the readers. It is a book that appeals to the innocence of a child and plays on their imagination and fills their head full of stories about magic.

Twilight however, appeals to a slightly older generation of readers. It generally appeals to teenagers as it focuses on highschool romance. As we all know, highschool can be a tough and confusing time (romantically speaking) and it focuses on the idea of falling in love for the first time and the mixed emotions and feelings there are involved with opposing sexes.

Comparing the two from a more literary perspective, Harry Potter is much better structured, it is well written and every point of detail has been carefully plotted and planned years before J.K Rowling even put these ideas to paper. However, Stephanie Meyer, has a less structured and a more self contradicting way of writing, which tends to frustrate me as a reader.
emodash
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emodash.html

Post by emodash »

Yeah right they are both good series. I also watched their movies same as harry potter. Well i can't really compare them because of their differences. I like twilight because I like vampires but I love Harry Potter more because I love wizard and witches.I know it's childish but I'm really into vampires,wizard and witches..

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”