Official Review: Brother Willy's Traveling Salvation Show

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gloriannes
Favorite Author: John Lange
Favorite Book: Gor Heart of Darkness Alamut
Currently Reading: Fever and Rise of the red shadow
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gloriannes.html
Latest Review: "Brother Willy's Traveling Salvation Show" by W. Scott Mitchell
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S
fav_author_id: 8763

Official Review: Brother Willy's Traveling Salvation Show

Post by Gloriannes »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Brother Willy's Traveling Salvation Show" by W. Scott Mitchell.]

“Brother Willy’s Traveling Salvation Show, By W Scott Mitchel” is a fiction novel. This book is about new and old friends, life’s losses, dilemmas, and caring about people. The Salvation is profound, hidden in the pages as you learn more about people who cross paths as they encounter life’s lessons from each other. The message I read from the writer in so many of the people we meet throughout the story is a kind of “preservation or being delivered from harm, ruin or loss” (definition from the dictionary) as a salvation from ourselves. This story reminds me of how a family member might give scholarly advice, with the hope to guide my lost soul making a batter path for myself.

Two friends Michelle and Scott have known each other for 10 years have love and a wonderful friendship. Their path takes twists and turns, offering other distractions. Beth a new friend is haunted by a feeling she can’t understand, she pursues Scott with a force and passion no man could resist. I felt many times in reading “Brother Willy’s Traveling Salvation Show, By W Scott Mitchel” Scott handles very well being one man against so many passionate desirable women, with so many hurts no bandage could ever heal.

Scott for the most part does the right thing, till Scott’s life becomes canted with his biggest loss, Ashley. Ashley was Scott’s girlfriend in High School who was in an accident and paralyzed, and could not talk, her young life was imprisoned in a shell of what she formally was, vibrant, full of life and Scott’s true love. Ashley’s Universal Mind (a theory explained in the book) haunts Scott, Beth and Michelle in the strangest way.

Scott sees Michelle as perfect but allows distractions from broken women, ladies having self-destructive behaviors, excessive drinking, and self-harm to hide from the truly little girl hiding deep inside. What it really comes down to is Scott is distracted by the pain of his past. Scott is ailed with guilt and projects his need to heal on other women. Michelle hides her pain with divergence, being a girl that never wants to be a bother to others. Scott never sees Michelle as needing him to save her. Michelle fears letting others see her for what she thinks she is, “not worth being loved”. Scott tells Michelle during a good bye “…I accept you for who you are which is why I have always loved you” but Michelle seems to not really hear him. I feel very sad for Michelle, will she ever feel whole?

I give this book 3 out of 4 stars. I liked the writing it has a very good flow, keeping me interested. I didn’t like the story as much as I had hope to, but “Brother Willy’s Traveling Salvation Show, By W Scott Mitchel” Is well written and the writer brings many real life situations in to his writing, with a twist that made me think, feel and argue the ending. Mostly I had the need to know what happens next; I couldn’t put it down. The story is well told, you need to read “Brother Willy’s Traveling Salvation Show” and tell me what you think?

Buy "Brother Willy's Traveling Salvation Show" on Amazon
Latest Review: "Brother Willy's Traveling Salvation Show" by W. Scott Mitchell

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”