Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
PricilliaDragomir
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Favorite Book: The Stand by Stephen King
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pricilliadragomir.html
Latest Review: "Fish Out Of Water" by J.L. Hohler III
fav_author_id: 3251

Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Post by PricilliaDragomir »

I just finished reading Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. It's about a caster named Lena who has evaded her sixteenth moon claiming by blocking out the moon. This book is about her running away thinking that she is going to turn evil. Ethan doesn't believe she is so he goes to find her and stop her from making a big mistake. It is also about everybody dealing with an important person's death. The death is the reason Lena thinks she is turning evil.

I personally really enjoyed this book. I got hooked on this series about midway through the first book, Beautiful Creatures. I personally feel that Beautiful Darkness was way better and more understandable than Beautiful Creatures was. Maybe that's because of all the explaining in Beautiful Creatures though. This book had a lot of dramatic turns and twists that I never saw coming. I personally loved that. It literally kept me on edge until the very end of the book.

There are a few things I don't like about the book. I personally feel that they passed over a few things that they should of explained better. Also the afterward is in somebody elses' point of view when it's been in Ethan's from the very beginning. That kind of threw me off a bit, and made me wonder if there's a reason behind that. I still think that this series should have been told in both Lena and Ethan's point of view. I think it would have been more dramatic and page turning. That's just my opinion though. I also don't like how Ethan is constantly talking about blue ceilings and carpenter bees. It's funny the first time, but then it just gets really redundant.

I would recommend this book series to any person who is into books about magical people. Especially those types that involve drama and suspense. It's really targeted at a young adult audience, but I think just about anybody would enjoy reading it. However, I do not recommend reading this book until you read Beautiful Creatures. You will not understand what's going on unless you read the first book.
Latest Review: "Fish Out Of Water" by J.L. Hohler III
AMP76
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: Consilience
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amp76.html
Latest Review: "The Secret Dead" by SW Fairbrother
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by AMP76 »

I liked it, I am not saying it was not an enjoyable read, it was. But, I feel like it was trying to be Harry Potter, Twilight, and Mortal Instruments, basically every single "it" thing and that it came out a little late in the game. It was ok, but I think the other series are better written. If I had read this first, I wouldn't have had such high expectations.
Adventure...one part stupidty plus two parts perseverence....yeah, that's me!
Latest Review: "The Secret Dead" by SW Fairbrother

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”