The Infernal Devices by Cassadra Clare

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Perfectly Awkward
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-perfectly-awkward.html

The Infernal Devices by Cassadra Clare

Post by Perfectly Awkward »

So I just recently finished reading this trilogy for the second time, and even though I already knew what was going to happen it was still just as beautiful and heart breaking as it was the first time I read it. It is one of the only books I've read that actually has a real love triangle in it. And even though it takes place in 1878 you can still really connect and fall In love with the characters. Make sure however that you read the mortal instruments first.
jmalone1994
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clare
Favorite Book: Ink Exchange
Currently Reading: The Blood of Olympus
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jmalone1994.html
Latest Review: "The Weatherman" by Tyreese Walton
fav_author_id: 2912

Post by jmalone1994 »

I LOVE THIS SERIES!!! I cannot explain in words how much I loved this series and really Cassandra Clare's work in general. The was sad, but I think happy at the same time because I really like how the series was ended in the epilogue. Can't wait for the last book in the Mortal Instruments to come out :)
Latest Review: "The Weatherman" by Tyreese Walton
amcdaniel_01
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amcdaniel-01.html
Latest Review: "Poor Percival Stories (Tale 1)" by Matthew Milson

Post by amcdaniel_01 »

I just finished reading the final book in the series yesterday (finally got around to it) and let me just say... Wow. I've become pretty skeptical of young adult novels because most of them are so cliche and poorly written. I already liked Cassandra Clare's other series, The Mortal Instruments, but the Infernal Devices blew me out of the water. The language was so beautiful and contained gems of lines that haven't been heard since Dickens. The final book caused me to laugh and out and cry more times than I would like to count. It was truly and incredibly beautiful.
Latest Review: "Poor Percival Stories (Tale 1)" by Matthew Milson
GBPhoenix17
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clare
Favorite Book: City of Ashes
Currently Reading: City of Lost Souls
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gbphoenix17.html
fav_author_id: 2912

Post by GBPhoenix17 »

I completely agree with the above posts! I thought that the Mortal Instruments books were great, which is how I found out about the Infernal Devices. There were a few spots with the Mortal Instruments where it seemed to lull, but not with the Infernal Devices. It kept me intensely interested until the very end. Going into the series I wasn't quite sure how relatable the characters were going to be, since it does take place in the 1870's, but I shouldn't have doubted Clare's writing. I was also able to really connect with them. I found it interesting on how the main characters kind of lined up with the Mortal Instruments.
-The main character being a teenage girl (Tess and Clary)
-A teenage guy who is only associated because of the main girl, and causes them some trouble (Nate and Simon)
-The main guy, who is romantically involved with the main girl, and is a very difficult person (Will and Jace)
-The side teenage guy (Jem and Alec)
-And the side teenage girl (Jess and Isabelle)
Dezire06
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dezire06.html

Post by Dezire06 »

I loved the Infernal Devices Series it was so good I couldn't put them down
AMP76
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: Consilience
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amp76.html
Latest Review: "The Secret Dead" by SW Fairbrother
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by AMP76 »

I loved this series! I liked the mortal instruments but I think the Infernal Devices was much better! The writing was more solid and mature, the characters more developed, the emotions breathtaking. I have read the trilogy 3 times now, I am sure I will read it again.
Adventure...one part stupidty plus two parts perseverence....yeah, that's me!
Latest Review: "The Secret Dead" by SW Fairbrother
Tianarenee3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tianarenee3.html

Post by Tianarenee3 »

does anyone else find it really weird/irritating that an author would not only make a series pretty long itself (6 books, really?) and than decide to go and write a prequel and a sequel and spin offs or what ever they are? she has a total of like 12 books, ABOUT THE SAME THINGS ... and yes, i know the fans of ms clare will defend her honor and go on and on about how great a writer she is and how great the world of the story line is and how i never needs to end and yadayadayada but i just needed to stress how ridiculous 12 books of one category are. ITS LIKE SHE HAS NOTHING ELSE TO WRITE and i find it strange. that is all. i apologize if i made your love and pride for ms clare feel awkward.
amber_dawn
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clair
Favorite Book: I can not do this
Currently Reading: Call of the Herald
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amber-dawn.html

Post by amber_dawn »

These books surprised me. I mean seriously, way back in the day there were vampires and warlocks, angels and demons, hot guys and stuck up
girls and blah blah blah. I was like why read this when there are a million other books based in real time and I won't have to try to imagine the different accents and what-not. None the less, the books really impressed me. The love stories were beautiful. The mystery was real. And the action was...well..ACTION! Super impressed. I think I may read them again.
lovehappiness_07
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lovehappiness-07.html

Post by lovehappiness_07 »

I love this trilogy. All I can say is I'm hooked. :)
Jordanbates91
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jordanbates91.html

Post by Jordanbates91 »

This series is my favorite of all of the Shawdowhunter books that Cassandra Clare has released. William Herondale has my heart and soul forever. Jem who? These novels were so addicting and i even waited up till 4 am to get Clockwork Princess to my kindle when it came out.
NLC[JRZ]

Post by NLC[JRZ] »

Definitely loved this series! The only thing that bothered me was the whole everybody gets their happy ending. I love happy endings, but really I wish it hadn't ended the way it did as far as Jem goes. Speaking of Jem OH MY GOD CAN HE PLEASE BE REAL AND BE MINE?!?! He was my overall favorite with Will being a close second. I didn't particularly care for Tessa, I never did care for what happened to her, but her role in the story was very interesting. I liked the mystery behind her. I'll probably pick up this series again sometime in the future. For sure though, this was much better than Mortal Instruments.
Foreveryoung

Post by Foreveryoung »

The Infernal Devices (in my opinion) is one of the BEST trilogies ever. The setting and the Shadowhunter world is just all amazingly awesome and fun. I have just recently finished with 'The Clockwork Princess' and although I was (spoiled) before the ending of the book, It was still very surprising somehow, and very good. Cassandra Clare <3
gymnast7879

Post by gymnast7879 »

I personally enjoyed the Infernal Devices much more than the Mortal Instruments series, and it is my belief that this series should be read as a prequel to the Mortal Instruments series. The Clockwork Angel allows the reader a much easier entrance to the world of Shadowhunters than the City of Bones, and the connections between the characters in both series would help the reader understand the Mortal Devices series rather than just gaining a piece of interesting information, like that found by suddenly learning what happens before an event.
madison121
Currently Reading: The elegance of the hedgehog
Bookshelf Size: 172

Post by madison121 »

Unlike most people here I read the Infernal Devices trilogy before I read the Mortal Instruments, and honestly after reading the Infernal Devices I found the mortal instruments to not quite reach the same standard. I really enjoyed the setting of the of the 1800's and found it interesting and a nice comparison to the modern day setting of the other series. I loved the way she linked the trilogy into the Mortal Instrument series making me grip the book as I linked this extra storyline into place, captivation me further. Unfortunately there was one thing that I didn't like about the series and that was the ending which I found very disappointing after such a great series.
MariVasiliadis
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marivasiliadis.html

Post by MariVasiliadis »

I loved this book! I cry ever time I read the ending! Guys like Will Herondale need to exist in real life because he is the definition of perfection. The Mortal Instruments is still better in my opinion, but Cassandra Clare has not let me down yet.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”