Official Review: Bandit Flame by Marie Herman

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dhomespot
Currently Reading: Blind Black Sheep
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhomespot.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Official Review: Bandit Flame by Marie Herman

Post by dhomespot »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Bandit Flame" by Marie Herman.]
Book Cover for 9781480105980
Share This Review

I would consider Bandit Flame by Marie Herman and action/adventure book for teenagers. It is roughly 400 pages long and written to keep the reader interested in what is happening. I could see this book being used to help boost a self-depreciating teen’s outlook on life.

Zoey is a 16 year-old girl who saw her parents get murdered at the tender age of 11. While most children would have tried to move on, she keeps this tragedy in the forefront of her mind. She starts to make it her personal mission to save at least one person a night. She is also trying to solve her parents’ murder, and take care of the other foster children living in the house. Each step closer leads her into more danger. Her only friend Sam decides to help her out however he can.

I found this book to be highly entertaining, but also unbelievable. I could not imagine a 16 year-old (boy or girl) being able to do some of the stuff in this book, let alone an 11 year-old. The tone of the book leads one to believe that the main character thinks risks are worth taking if the cause is just. She knows that she is risking everything to keep doing her nightly outings; however, she cannot stand to think of any innocent not being saved if she can help it. The police and FBI have put a bounty on her head and now she is being warned off her parent’s case.

I would give this book 3 out of 4 stars based on how well this story line progressed. The details on parts of the story were enough for me to develop a mental picture of what was happening. The reason for a 3 and not a 4 was because I could not picture this type of scenario happening in real life. I know the book is a work of fiction, but it was not my cup of tea. The ending left me hanging; I was hoping to see Zoey find the answers she was looking for.

I would definitely recommend this book for teenagers that like this genre of literature. It has action, adventure, friendship loyalty, and teenage angst. Marie Herman was able to combine all of the elements to attract the readers for this book. I liked the fact that the book was not filled with sex, profanity, drinking, and other such things that could serve as a bad influence.

Buy "Bandit Flame" on Amazon
Buy "Bandit Flame" on Barnes and Noble
"Maybe ever’body in the whole damn world is scared of each other."- John Steinbeck
Artemisia
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-artemisia.html

Post by Artemisia »

The writer tackles a very difficult part of growing up it seems. I hope it helps many.
“If you don't turn your life into a story, you just become a part of someone else's story.”
― Terry Pratchett
thewriteaway
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by thewriteaway »

Hello! I was wondering if you'd be so kind as to post this review on the Amazon and Goodreads page of Bandit Flame for I feel as if it might help some readers realize whether or not they'd like to read the book. It would really be appreciate. Thank you and have a great day.
dhomespot
Currently Reading: Blind Black Sheep
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhomespot.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by dhomespot »

I would, but I will need to write a completely different one. Reviews on this site are exclusively for this site. I will try and write another one for Amazon. Thanks for the input.
"Maybe ever’body in the whole damn world is scared of each other."- John Steinbeck

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”