Paper Towns: John Green

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cpalmer
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Paper Towns - John Green

Post by cpalmer »

John Green is one of my favorite authors. I loved Looking for Alaska, The Fault in Our Stars, and Paper Towns.I was not a fan of Will Greyson,Will Greyson at all.Does anyone know where i can get An Abundance of Katherines?Is it good?
AmandaR
Favorite Author: Way too many to list
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amandar.html
Latest Review: "Cinque Terre, Florence, Umbria" by Enrico Massetti

Post by AmandaR »

Thanks everyone for writing on this topic. I have so many books that I want to read, but i just recently heard about this one. I think this is going to be the next one to-read. Thanks!
"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain." - Emily Dickenson
Latest Review: "Cinque Terre, Florence, Umbria" by Enrico Massetti
Coen10

Post by Coen10 »

Bought this book today. Hoping that it is written as well as The Fault In Our Stars!
50sweetrevenges

Post by 50sweetrevenges »

Coen10, yeah this book is awesome. Oh, and read looking for alaska it's great too
thebookworm4ever
Favorite Author: Kelley Armstrong
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thebookworm4ever.html
fav_author_id: 3117

Post by thebookworm4ever »

Im definitely going to add this to my to-read list I love John Green's books.
mandylynn

Post by mandylynn »

Best book ever
PsudonymRed
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-psudonymred.html

Post by PsudonymRed »

This book is just as amazing as Fault in Our Stars. It is a lot deeper and more meaningful. Thankfully, there was significantly less crying on my part. It has a character for everyone to love. From the free-spirited Margo to the more cautious Quentin, this book is sure to rock your world.
Tianarenee3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tianarenee3.html

Post by Tianarenee3 »

Paper towns is a movie now too I think ! But I agree with the AMAZING work by John green.
gabbycalametti4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabbycalametti4.html

Post by gabbycalametti4 »

I loved this book! Great character development! I couldn't stop reading this because you wanted to know what was going to happen! i also enjoyed the romance of it. Loved it tons! John Green has made another masterpiece! And this is going to be a movie! So, if you haven't read it, do so!!
nikki_p
Favorite Book: Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Currently Reading: The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikki-p.html

Post by nikki_p »

To be honest, this is the first and only John Green book I've ever read. My father gifted it to me a long time ago and it was waaay before I had even heard of John Green and all his internet fame. And....I disliked it I don't even know how I finished it. I've heard it's definitely not his best book and that you should read other ones, but I disliked it so much I'm completely put off by anything else he's written.
Although, this thread, and many other conversations I've had about the book have started to convince me that maybe I just need to reread it and I might like it the second time around. Paper Towns aside, I do plan reading other books by John Green but I don't know when that day will come. I have so many other books that actually genuinely interest me in my TBR list that I doubt I'll ever get to him.
emilyxwebster1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emilyxwebster1.html

Post by emilyxwebster1 »

I read this book a couple of months ago and I really loved it. I've never been able to relate to a character as much as I could to Margo Roth Spiegelman, and I think that's why I enjoyed the book so much.
RidiculousMuffin
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ridiculousmuffin.html

Post by RidiculousMuffin »

John Green, everyone, he's basically the Doctor Seuss of young adult novels right now. I loved Paper Towns and how he had every character in it had something about them! I mean even the side character has a family with oodles of black Santas in their house! I'd definitely give it 4/5 stars.
Saoirse200
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saoirse200.html
Latest Review: "Trespass" by Christopher M. Gibbons

Post by Saoirse200 »

Gave this book a try and I was really glad I did. Definitely worth a read.
Latest Review: "Trespass" by Christopher M. Gibbons
ginny91
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by ginny91 »

I read Paper Towns before my daughter in an effort to make sure it was age appropriate. It was in fact appropriate for a 13 year old. Although I felt it was geared towards a young adult, I did in fact enjoy the book and the storyline.
Krizelle101
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krizelle101.html

Post by Krizelle101 »

Thanks to your reviews I am now curious if the book is as good as you say. Would definitely read this to find out.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”