Paper Towns: John Green

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Re: Paper Towns - John Green

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

Awesome! Thank you!

-- January 30th, 2014, 6:23 pm --

Elisabeth Naughton is pretty good, she is paranormal romance, Gena Showalter is also paranormal romance. All of their books I have read so far are pretty good. Michael Grant, author of the Gone Series.

If I think of anymore I will send them your way...

Hahaha I have ventured into the "trashy" erotica novels aka Fifty Shades of Grey....they made me blush! hahaha I'm don't really care for the vulgar stuff or when you can throw a stone and can't miss a page of them going at it. It becomes an eye roll moment every time!
50sweetrevenges
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by 50sweetrevenges »

Aahahahha thank youu! And oh there is this one book that I love: Judith McNaugh- remember when

I love it.

And yesh you're right :p

-- 30 Jan 2014, 17:33 --

It's 6:23 pm in Virginia? :o over here in lebanon it's 12:33 am :p
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

Yep now its 8:06 pm! :D
50sweetrevenges

Lucky you ! Not it's 6:55 am and I'm getting ready for school -.-
jennyinneverland
Favorite Author: Cecelia Ahern
Favorite Book: The Beach by Alex Garland
Currently Reading: Red Hill by Jamie Mcguire
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyinneverland.html
fav_author_id: 2698

Post by jennyinneverland »

Currently reading Paper Towns at the moment, love it so far!
50sweetrevenges

Yayyyy! If you have questions ask away jennyy!
MeganebuKris22
Favorite Author: Too many to name
Favorite Book: Too many to name
Currently Reading: The Maze Runner Series
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meganebukris22.html
Latest Review: "Petty Offenses and Crimes of the Heart" by Mitchell Waldman

Post by MeganebuKris22 »

Honestly one of my favorite books by one of my favorite authors. John Green is a fantastic author and his books always leave me with a new outlook on life, love, and the world in general. His writing is beautiful and his characters are captivating. John Green is truly is everything you could ever want in a fiction author. Since you enjoyed Paper Towns I definitely recommend his other work, especially The Fault in our Stars :D truly amazing story and a real tearjerker :)
Latest Review: "Petty Offenses and Crimes of the Heart" by Mitchell Waldman
50sweetrevenges

Oh don't worry about me Megan, I've read all his books :p except let it snow. Anyways, yeah he's a good writer but to be honest there are better. But he's definitely good!
Anxious Educator
Favorite Author: James Herriot
Favorite Book: The Little Prince
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anxious-educator.html
Latest Review: "Tea and Primroses" by Tess Thompson
fav_author_id: 10107

Post by Anxious Educator »

How do you think Paper Towns compares to John Green's other "hits," i.e. Looking for Alaska and The Fault in Our Stars?

I really loved Paper Towns. In particular, I loved the increased suspense and mystery that is unique to this story, compared to Green's other book. Most of the story is a full on mystery rather than heart-wrenchingly sad. It's definitely a winner with me. I don't think I'll ever forget the character of Margo, either.

Like 50sweetrevenges, I haven't gotten around to Let it Snow. It's on my to-read list, though, just because it's co-written with John Green. It seems to be one of Green's more over-looked books, and I wonder if that's because it's not one of his best..?
50sweetrevenges

Well looking for alaska is a little similar to paper towns, in a way. Tfios is totally different really. I loved all 3 books bevause each has its own ... attractive point. And yes, margo's character is very hard to firget because she showed me a pount of view that I never saw before. She showed me something that not many dare to believe in.

Maybe ... I really have no idea. Maybe because people like John Green books only, not co-written books. But, fir me Will grayson, Will grayson is not a book that captured my attention. I read it all and it's good, funny, and well written to show the point of view of sone gay lives and I really appreciate that John went down that road because not many do.
haines_drew
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haines-drew.html
Latest Review: "The Recluse Storyteller" by Mark W Sasse

Post by haines_drew »

This book is wonderful! Of course you have to take into account the fact that I've read and loved every book John Green has written. If you like this book I strongly recommend his other books. My favorites have been Looking for Alaska and An Abundance of Katherine's. I will warn you though John Green will make you want to cry FOREVER!! His books are so incredible sad and usually when something terrible happens, it's quite sudden.
Latest Review: "The Recluse Storyteller" by Mark W Sasse
Anxious Educator
Favorite Author: James Herriot
Favorite Book: The Little Prince
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anxious-educator.html
fav_author_id: 10107

Post by Anxious Educator »

In response to 50sweetrevenges, I wonder if Green will *fully* go down the road of actually writing a gay narrator. In Will Grayson, Will Grayson, the gay character was written by David Levithan, which makes sense since that's what Levithan does. I adored this book too, but I totally see how it's not for everyone.

haines_drew, I didn't care for An Abundance of Katherines quite so much. I mean, it wasn't awful or anything. But Colin annoyed me after a while, and I didn't feel like the conflict was urgent/important enough. I'm curious what drew you (no pun intended) to that book more than Green's others.
50sweetrevenges

Anxious educator, i know that David wrote the gay part of the book but i don't know .... it was fun bur not a book i would read twice.

haines_drew, yeah looking for alaska was really good and tfios too. John green's books are interesting but there have and has been greater writers.
Amberle
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amberle.html

Post by Amberle »

I'm certainly going to have to look this one up; sounds like a great read.
BeccaCaley
Favorite Author: To many
Favorite Book: I could not honestly say
Currently Reading: The Evolution of Mara Dyer

Post by BeccaCaley »

Yes! I read Paper Towns probably about a year and a half ago and I recently re-read it, its one of my favourite John Green books - it was his debut but I feel like not enough people read it because of The Fault In Our Stars! I love Margo's character she was just so I don't know not 'out there' but I feel like she showed real determination and bravery and I really loved her - however I didn't like the end of the book, I feel like there should have been more! This book is definitely amazing though!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”