Paper Towns: John Green

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AHazard
Currently Reading: Daniel Deronda
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ahazard.html
Latest Review: "That Child Within" by Brian Cecil

Paper Towns by John Green

Post by AHazard »

First, let me say that I love John Green as an author, and I highly recommend any of his novels. With one exception being "Let it Snow", I was very disappointed after reading this novel, and I believe this was partially from the high expectation I had developed of John Green. Any way, "Paper Towns". This novel is perfect for teenagers looking for a slightly eccentric novel. Green takes you through twists and turns with the clues left behind for Quentin by Margo. You can never really guess where the novel is heading as you read it. This novel is hard to put down because you want to see where the story will take you next. There are some mischievous and sexual under tones throughout the novel, but they mainly come from the natural hormone levels of teenagers discovering who they are as well as feeling invincible to the world. I recommend this novel to any one looking for a quick read with excitement and freshness to it.

Happy reading!
Brooklyn Tree123
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brooklyn-tree123.html

Post by Brooklyn Tree123 »

Paper Towns was definitely one of my favorite John Green books. I couldn't put it down!
AHazard
Currently Reading: Daniel Deronda
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ahazard.html

Post by AHazard »

All books are better than the movies. I would say Fault in Our Stars did a very good adaptation though.
Also every Nicholas Sparks book is great. I have read every single one.
The Divergent Trilogy was awesome! Although, I did not like how Allegiant ended.
The Hunger Games was also awesome, but same thing about the ending to Mockingjay.

Another suggestion would be the City of Bones series.

Happy Reading!
RachelCanter
Currently Reading: Race and Culture
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachelcanter.html

Post by RachelCanter »

Paper Towns is a novel following Quentin Jacobsen during the last several weeks of his senior year of high school. The story is a mix of bildungsroman and mystery. The essential motivator for action in the story is the disappearance of Quentin, "Q"'s, childhood crush, Margo Roth Spiegleman. As Q searches for her, he becomes more and more entrenched in the complex Web of clues that she left behind. However, as the story continues, Q's expectations of Margo, his friends, and his classmates begin to unravel. He starts to realize how little he actually knows about Margo, and ultimately how dangerous it can be to conference meaning onto another person. It's a great coming of age novel, dealing with identity, love, and purpose.
Lnfrazier15
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lnfrazier15.html

Post by Lnfrazier15 »

Potential Spoiler?? Paper Towns by John Green is an amazing book! I was so into it, I got inspired to 'get lost', to go travel, go someplace where you can discover yourself. I mean, I haven't done it yet but it made it onto my To-Do list.
Megan01
Currently Reading: The Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megan01.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Megan01 »

It's definitely worth reading. The book has a mysterious vibe through the whole story and the characters are one of a kind. It's read easily and with fluidity. Moreover, I personnaly liked the end because it wasn't really expected but it came naturally, like it was meant to be this way. I recommend if you haven't read it yet!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”