Fire Country (The Country Saga, #1) by David Estes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kmwatson
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kmwatson.html

Fire Country (The Country Saga, #1) by David Estes

Post by kmwatson »

My feelings are very conflicted with regard to this book. There were some aspects that I loved, and others that fell short for me. I love the world the author built, with the different types of countries, one being a desert wasteland, where the villagers barely survive. I also found the interactions between the people of each country very interesting.

The story, however, needed a lot of help. It was very slow at times, and the dialect that the villagers used seemed a little too contrived. I didn't understand the purpose of having the main character, Sienna, talking to inanimate objects all the time. I understand that the author wanted it to be like "Wilson" from Cast Away, but it was a little to much for me.

Although the story had some flaws, I really did enjoy the relationships between the characters. Sienna's relationship with Circ was very sweet and innocent, reminding me of childhood love. I love the way Sienna's mother's character was portrayed, fighting in the only way she believed she could. I enjoyed the side characters more than I liked the main character, Sienna. She needed to have some more confidence. Every time she was faced with any challenge, she would act as if she were going to obtain the courage to succeed, but would then give up or trip, like always. It was pretty painful to watch.

I am hoping that the next book in the series is even better. I really want to learn more about the Marked and the Icies.
Misaela
Currently Reading: Catch-22
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misaela.html
Latest Review: "A Wounded World" by Crit Kincaid
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Misaela »

Does he have other books?
Latest Review: "A Wounded World" by Crit Kincaid
Broleej87
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-broleej87.html

Post by Broleej87 »

I was given the book Fire Country written by David Estes in exchange for an honest review.
David Estes is a very down to earth author who loves answering his fans questions. Never an email he gets goes unanswered. Its writers like David that give readers a reason to happily buy their books just by being nice you want people like him to get your money and not just because he's talented.

Fire Country is an amazing post apocalyptic book. It draws you into siena's life in a world full of toxic air that leaves very few people alive after 30. Siena is 15 and due to become a bearer with the next call, It means a man no younger than 18 is chosen for her d by law she must have his child. She loses Circ her childhood friend, he was her only friend, she struggles to cope with her grief and her fear of her upcoming all. Somehow she has to find a way to escape so she can live her life her own way not bound by stupid laws.

I loved this book it was an incredible tale of survival. I cant wait to read more from David. During this book Siena became my friend and I really enjoyed watching her grow from a scared girl to a strong woman in a short amount of time. This book is a journey everyone should read its interesting full of twists and turns at every corner.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”