Poison Princess - Kresley Cole

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Becky-boo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Poison Princess - Kresley Cole

Post by Becky-boo »

I have to admit that thought I'm a great lover of YA paranormal novels, at first glance I thought this would be the same old story.
Supremely pretty girl, problems at home, meets delicious bad boy and falls desperately in love despite her best intentions.

Thank goodness I stuck it out and found that in fact, Kresley Cole managed to wrap up a twisty, complex, exciting story under such a placid pretext!

Enter stage, Eva Green. Cheerleader (yeah could of called that), socialite (and again) and seer of the apocalypse (now we're getting somewhere). Eva is desperate to start over and live a semblance of a normal, teenage prom queen life, if she could just stop having visions of the world ending.
Add to that a new complication, Jackson. Ultimate bad boy, sexy French Cajun accent, determined on getting under her skin. Or into her pants.

“If you touch me like that again, Evangeline,” he began in a husky tone, dropping to his seat once more, “in the space of a heartbeat, I will have you off this bike and onto the closest horizontal surface. And I woan be picky, no.”

What you don't get from the first few chapters (or at least I was slow to catch on) is that wrapped underneath all the high school drama is a totally separate storyline of death, destruction, and destiny.

“My looks had gone from well-kempt cheerleader to apocalyptic disasterpiece.”

Once into the plot, I was enthralled. Constantly reeling to keep up with the direction I thought we were going, only to find my impression was wrong and we were off in a different direction.

If you want a story that's not as it seems, this is the book for you.
It may take a few chapters to get into, and I have to admit that Jackson can be a pretty big ass at points, but I guarantee if you stick it out, you'll never see the end coming.

“The corners of his lips curled. “You and your secrets. Ah, peekôn, just when I think I’ve solved one mystery about you, up comes another one. I will figure you out one day. En garde, cher. Consider yourself warned.”

Pick a card, any card, and it may just save you in the end :)
Misaela
Currently Reading: Catch-22
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misaela.html
Latest Review: "A Wounded World" by Crit Kincaid
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Misaela »

Nice review! I'd like to read it.
Latest Review: "A Wounded World" by Crit Kincaid
Zannie
Currently Reading: Defending Jacob
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reading Device: B000FI73MA

Post by Zannie »

Thank you for your review
sbanks147
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sbanks147.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by sbanks147 »

Good review! I am definitely going to add this book to my wish list of books to read!
Becky-boo

Post by Becky-boo »

Thanks for your feedback, nice to know I'm not boring you all, and it's deffo a good read!
Time2Read

Post by Time2Read »

I'm dying here! I don't think I will make it until January for Dead of Winter!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”