Official Review: Conversation with an Angel

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
r123
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r123.html
Latest Review: "THE WOMAN" by Tommy Morgan

Official Review: Conversation with an Angel

Post by r123 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Conversation with an Angel" by Paul McNeer.]

Who are you, Ned ?Whether it is your personal experience or your NDS I have no clue, but it sure did make me sit up and read the whole thing twice.

The critic in me wants to call it coma hallucination but I have a believer in me too. I want to believe that the One sitting high above is thinking about us and has all his messengers working for us.

Was this book only meant for Christians? In a go I felt it was. Since the Bible was the main reference point. But it had a message for all the religions of the world. I am really glad I read it.

This book came to me at a point when I had to make some decisions in my life. It gives me goosebumps just to think that this book has answered my question. Thank You Paul Mcneer for that.

'Conversation with an Angel' is exactly as the name suggests - a chat with an Angel.

The Backdrop....

Ned was frustrated with his life. All his life he had thought of pleasing his family. He loved them very much but in his love for his family he had embezzeled money from his company. Now due to downsizing, his job was gone and he feared being caught. So he took the easy way out. Suicide!

He goes to coma and reaches the higher Plane where the angel Ramiel [Isn’t he the one who guides good souls to heaven?] meets him and tells him that God has plans for him.

Ned and Ramiel create a world with their thoughts where he waits for some time while Ramiel goes for an errand. He contemplates on his life, on his mistakes and realizes that he had made some.

Ramiel tells him that God wants to give him the 11th commandment to spread the message to the world. He is the God’s chosen one. What the commandment is and how Ned works it out is really very interesting. What I found most interesting in this short message? Story? is the ending of the story…. how Ned spreads the message. I hope I have done my part in it.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because... The concept is definitely beautiful but more is the fact the way it has been presented.A easy conversation between the Angel and Ned. Then ending was not something I could have guessed. A very easy read with a big message.

Buy "Conversation with an Angel" on Amazon
paulmcneer
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by paulmcneer »

Thank you so much for the nice review. I don't want to say too much about the book, but I do want to explain that Ned and Remiel are fictional characters used to tell a story and spread a message. Understanding the details of our purpose here can best be described as a puzzle. The more we learn and explore the more we collect pieces that "fit." I hope that my book adds some important pieces for those who read it.

---Paul McNeer
r123

Post by r123 »

Thank you for liking my Review! I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I am sure others will not only enjoy but would learn many things from your writing. Hope to read more from you in the future.

Regards
Rubina
Neleh403
Favorite Author: Diane Chamberlain
Favorite Book: The stand by Stephen King
Currently Reading: Of mice and men
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neleh403.html
Latest Review: "Plymouth Discovery" by Bill Brown
fav_author_id: 2413

Post by Neleh403 »

Hi, can I say what a brilliant review, so much so have just downloaded the book onto my kindle and am really looking forward to reading it.
r123

Post by r123 »

Thank you so much Neleh403. Really appreciate this. You won't regret reading this book.:)
Zannie
Currently Reading: Defending Jacob
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reading Device: B000FI73MA

Post by Zannie »

Thank you for your excellent review
r123

Post by r123 »

Thank you Zannie...:)
Neleh403
Favorite Author: Diane Chamberlain
Favorite Book: The stand by Stephen King
Currently Reading: Of mice and men
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neleh403.html
fav_author_id: 2413

Post by Neleh403 »

Have just read the book. What can I say. It has to be the most 'feel good' book I have ever read. I don't often read books twice but I will definitely be reading this book again. Easy to read in one sitting which is a blessing as you can't put it down.
Jo Ledamun

Post by Jo Ledamun »

Just purchased 'Conversation with an Angel' from Amazon's Kindle Store, I am looking forward to reading it. Another bonus, is that it's reasonably priced!
paulmcneer

Post by paulmcneer »

Thanks for your purchase! Yes, on Kindle it is only 99 cents, or free for Prime members. I hope you enjoy it!
WShakespeare

Post by WShakespeare »

Why does an 'easy read' make a good novel?Whatever happened to being challenged or having the intellectual task of deciphering the writer's true meaning and intention?Not that I'm commenting on the novel- I can't as I haven't read it-but rather the reviewer's comment.
paulmcneer

Post by paulmcneer »

Some books flow easily and some do not. My opinion is that subject matter determines whether a book is more for adults or more for younger readers. My goal for this book was that it be accessible to both.
AliB

Post by AliB »

Nice review.I think as children we saw angels yet as adults we still hope that they're there!
r123

Post by r123 »

WShakespeare wrote:Why does an 'easy read' make a good novel?Whatever happened to being challenged or having the intellectual task of deciphering the writer's true meaning and intention?Not that I'm commenting on the novel- I can't as I haven't read it-but rather the reviewer's comment.
Thank you WShakespeare. I can speak only for myself. There are two kinds of read for me. An easy read or a trudge along read. Some books have a wonderful story line with lots of fillers. Deviates from the main topic. I have to trudge along those books. I respect all writers. Whoever has picked up the pen to reach the end of the manuscript demands respect. But as a reader there are some books which I would like to take a break from. But with this book, I wanted to finish at a go. It was to the point, sticking to the topic and made me want to turn the page.

Sorry but my intellectuality is not up the level maybe. But when I read a book I want to love the characters, understand them and maybe some of them are with me for the day. If I want to understand the writer's true meaning and it seems it is not possible after reading the book .. I generally ask them directly.. and if I want to decipher..I play a puzzle. :D

And for the record.. this book has a lot of thinking to do. About what we want to spread in the world. Where did I say a intellectual read in not a good read? But if the author is able to get his point across without me hammering my brains off, I am all for it.
-- 30 Sep 2013, 12:21 --
AliB wrote:Nice review.I think as children we saw angels yet as adults we still hope that they're there!
Thank you AliB. :)
Margjohns51
Favorite Author: Lewis Carroll
Favorite Book: Through the Looking Glass
Currently Reading: Genius by James Gleick
Bookshelf Size: 27
fav_author_id: 3309

Post by Margjohns51 »

I probably would have been interested in this book simply because of the title... I love the idea that someone might be able to converse with a spiritual being on some level. However... the review simply carried the day, and I am going to go find my Kindle so I can download this one. Thank you!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”