The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lacytianna27
Bookshelf Size: 0

The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen

Post by lacytianna27 »

The Moon and More is about an 18 year old girl named Emaline. She has lived in the tiny town of Colby her whole life and plans to go to college nearby. She has been dating the same guy all through high school, Luke, and he is perfect.

This book takes place in Colby during the summer before Emaline is scheduled to go off to college. She is perfectly content with her life until Theo, a New Yorker in town to record a documentary on a local artist, comes into her life. He is the complete opposite of what she is use to; ambitious, sophisticated, exciting, and not from around here. Just what she needs. He is in town with his boss Ivy, and she is quite the handful. They are filming a documentary on Clyde, a local, and he wants nothing to do with it.

Emaline's father is hardly around anymore, he has a new wife and a kid in another town. He wants Emaline to go to a big college and thinks she has a bright future ahead of her with the help of him.

This has to be my new favorite book by Sarah Dessen because it was really interesting and I couldn't put it down. There is romance, but it takes a new twist on the "classic" relationship usually found in books. I really liked the character Emaline because she knows what she wants and is determined to get it. She is constantly let down but she does not let it get her down. She works at her families business, which she hates, but she does it for the sake of her family. She seems like a really good person and just wants more than Colby has to offer.

"Emaline wants the moon and more" but will she get it?

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”