House of night series

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
arayhenson
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arayhenson.html

Re: House of night series

Post by arayhenson »

I read the series a couple of years back, when I was looking for something to bide my time instead of doing the hassle of my homework. At the time I really loved them. They were a great read for me. However, now that I've gotten older and begun reading stories that are more in depth with detail, I've come to realize that the characters were not extremely developed. While I think that's great for teens around to read, and I love the books, I don't believe they're something I would enjoy as much in the current time.
simplymommy0813
Favorite Author: J.R. Ward
fav_author_id: 4145

Post by simplymommy0813 »

I enjoyed this series as well.
marnyesiam7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marnyesiam7.html

Post by marnyesiam7 »

I have yet to read this series! I have all the books but I just don't have the time. Should I make time for it or I would just be wasting my time?
arnaleigh
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arnaleigh.html
Latest Review: "Risking Exposure" by Jeanne Moran

Post by arnaleigh »

I started reading them after my friend recommended them because she'd loved them but I hated them! As people have said I hated the language and I feel like the characters weren't as great as they could of been. I couldn't bring myself to read the rest which is a shame because I did like the storyline!
Latest Review: "Risking Exposure" by Jeanne Moran
The Bookaholic
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-bookaholic.html
Latest Review: "Caught Between Two Curses" by Margo L. Dill

Post by The Bookaholic »

I liked the series but got a bit annoyed with the character was sometimes their interactions seemed a bit fake and they didn't seem like real people. In other words, I felt that they weren't fully formed. But the Neferet was a good character though, that was a real twist.
Latest Review: "Caught Between Two Curses" by Margo L. Dill
mbeasley
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbeasley.html
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by mbeasley »

This is one of my guilty pleasures. I don't feel like I should like it (while the plot is okay it's VERY overdramatic and I don't feel like many teens talk the way that the characters do in the book), but I just can't help it. It's a series that I don't typically admit to liking, but I suppose it's ok here :-)
ToniLynnLupton
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonilynnlupton.html

Post by ToniLynnLupton »

I really liked this series but thought she overdid it with is many books
Caz1+
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caz1.html

Post by Caz1+ »

I agree I really liked the series although I think it is starting to drag on a little now. The last few books are no where near as good as the first few.
Scooby
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scooby.html

Post by Scooby »

I thought the first book made it seem like this series had potential but for me it just went downhill from there.
Shellby85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shellby85.html

Post by Shellby85 »

It's been awhile since I read this series but I did enjoy them. It was full on like most books I read but there was just something about them that keeps you hooked and needing to know what happens next. I would recommend them to more younger readers but there is a few older ones who may enjoy them too.
cjada
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cjada.html

Post by cjada »

The House of Night series is awsome. I love how the main character has to work after her power is given to her and she kinda accepts it and embraces it. some friends and i have all traded a few of the books just so we can read them again and again.
Divastar24
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-divastar24.html

Post by Divastar24 »

I have read the entire series and I love all the books. I will probably reread them all. I agree that some parts were a little sluggish but over all I enjoyed the series. I would recommend these books to anyone who enjoys fantasy and magic.
srm628
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srm628.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Guide For The Avid Indoorsman by John Driver

Post by srm628 »

The series was okay, in my opinion, though I didn't read the entire series. I believe I read books one and two, because I borrowed them from a friend at school. From what I remember, the characters seemed underdeveloped and there were plot issues.
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

The first book was fantastic, with it's unique plot and I really liked the other first 3 to 4 books but then it all went downhill from there. The plots of the other books became too unrealistic and kind of boring. Personally I think the author took way too long to wrap up the story, so by the last book I was 110% ready for it to be over. I always didn't like the fact that since the series was so long I ended up getting frustrated and disliking some of the characters that were my favorites from the start.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”