House of night series

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
fever33
Favorite Author: Stuart Woods
Favorite Book: The Hobbit
Currently Reading: Unintended consequences
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fever33.html
Latest Review: "The Lubyanka Strategy" by Bob Bonelli
fav_author_id: 13261

House of night series

Post by fever33 »

How do you feel about the House of Night series? I personally like the books.
neonight
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by neonight »

A place for fans of House of Night Series to view, download, share, and discuss their favorite images, icons, photos and wallpapers.
WritersBlock37
Currently Reading:

Post by WritersBlock37 »

This series is great. Though the characters do not feel as developed as I would like at times it was still something that had me wanting and needing to read the next book. In the process of reading this book series I also had my younger sister start to read the books so we could discussion them and she feel in love with them as well and it became a real bonding experience for both of us.
kyliefish21

Post by kyliefish21 »

LOVE the first book!!!
bubblyupdates4
Favorite Author: Ellen Hopkins
Favorite Book: Impulse
Currently Reading: While My Sister Sleeps
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bubblyupdates4.html
Latest Review: "Cop Games" by C.H.Bordelon
fav_author_id: 3134

Post by bubblyupdates4 »

I really liked the books, I haven't finished the entire series yet and I'll probably reread them all.
The first couple were really good but incredibly annoying.
The girl, even though she was an older teen, was quite immature, saying things that only 5 year olds would.
But they were still very good nonetheless.
Thank the Lord that she DID mature throughout the entire series, and maybe that was their true intentions in the first place: make her seem very immature and then at the end of the series she will be very grown up and collected. Who knows?
:)
It doesn't matter how slow you go, as long as you do not stop.
Latest Review: "Cop Games" by C.H.Bordelon
abialwayz

Post by abialwayz »

I love this series. but it has kinda become sluggish towards the end of the series. Anyways its a good read...
bookworm1978

Post by bookworm1978 »

I love house of night from the time she came to the school till where i am now in Burned it is amazing.
no spoiler alerts though. just wow. When i read the first chapter of Marked i was hooked the Cast did a great job with these books. :D
fever33
Favorite Author: Stuart Woods
Favorite Book: The Hobbit
Currently Reading: Unintended consequences
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fever33.html
fav_author_id: 13261

Post by fever33 »

abialwayz wrote:I love this series. but it has kinda become sluggish towards the end of the series. Anyways its a good read...
Agree...it felt like the author was just using some space to make the series last longer
laura_askew88
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-askew88.html
Latest Review: "Algebra Simplified Basic and Intermediate" by Kerry Kauffman

Post by laura_askew88 »

What got me hooked to this series was the story line, but I really don't like the language used among the young characters. It just makes it a little fake for me, but I had to find out what happened. Waiting for the next one to come out!
Latest Review: "Algebra Simplified Basic and Intermediate" by Kerry Kauffman
heatherprzybyla
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatherprzybyla.html

Post by heatherprzybyla »

I enjoyed them. I did skim through the sluggish parts, but overall they were good.
Dphaber
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dphaber.html
Latest Review: "The Icarus Prediction" by RD Gupta

Post by Dphaber »

I loved the first handful of books, but after Hunted I just wasn't feeling it anymore and haven't picked up one of them since.
Latest Review: "The Icarus Prediction" by RD Gupta
jacstar23
Favorite Author: Lauren Dane
Currently Reading: Bitten by Kelley Armstrong
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacstar23.html
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards
fav_author_id: 14988

Post by jacstar23 »

this is one of those series that I absolutely hated... I could go on and on describing all the reasons

I thought it had great potential, but was poorly written
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards
sami0527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sami0527.html

Post by sami0527 »

I have read all of the HoN series and I will say that I loved them in the beginning but about halfway through I was having a hard time staying interested in the series. I feel like they are far too repetitive and just need to get on with the storyline, wether that be to end the series or to maybe expand onto a new story about these characters.

I will say though that I was very impressed with the novellas! I read Lenobia's Vow in about 3 hrs time! I just could not put that book down, it made me feel like maybe they should use Lenobia in more of the storyline versus just being a supporting character.
Misaela
Currently Reading: Catch-22
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misaela.html
Latest Review: "A Wounded World" by Crit Kincaid
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Misaela »

The storyline has a lot of potential, but I don't like the language. It was not written by teens, and it seems like the Casts just went to a mall and listened to the most obnoxious pre-teens, then said: this is what I want our series to sound like!
Latest Review: "A Wounded World" by Crit Kincaid
kmthomas10

Post by kmthomas10 »

I have to say I loved the first book. I've read it multiple times, however, I agree about the problems with the language, and pretty much everything else you guys have said. I mean yes teens do sometimes say things like that, but for the most part they talk relatively normal, and it gets kind of annoying in the books that the characters constantly use the same lines. Also the series has gotten a bit boring. There isn't enough else going against the kids to warrant so many extra books. If it had been limited to five books it would've probably worked just fine. I loved the series at first (despite the word choices of the characters) but I'm disappointed to see it wind down to just a fizzle instead of going out with some dignity. :/

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”