Review: Talking Dirty With The Player by Jackie Ashenden

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Wintry8
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wintry8.html
Latest Review: "Broken crutches" by Kali Jenson

Review: Talking Dirty With The Player by Jackie Ashenden

Post by Wintry8 »

Disclaimer: I received this book free of charge from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. All comments and opinions are my own.

This is the book in Jackie Ashenden’s Talking Dirty series. I haven't read the first book, thoughI think I should have. Maybe then I wouldn't have been quite as disappointed.

We have an arrogant jock, and a level-headed control freak photographer. Caleb Steele, also known as Abs of Steele, is an ex All Black. He comes across as a complete playboy, who is completely full of himself. He tends to be a bit annoying and irritating but I can allow that to pass.Then we have Judith Ashton. The little sister of Abs of Steele’s best friend Joseph Ashton. To be completely honest, Judith was the epitome of boring me. Luckily the story managed to mask that for me.

Judith and Caleb have a past. But after eight years, you’d expect both parties would be over it, right? Wrong. Judith cannot stand being in the same room as Caleb and she tries to belittle him at every opportunity, until neither of them can handle the explosive chemistry around them.

This leads to wining and dining and opening up to each other about their deepest fears and regrets. But I do have to say that the sexy scenes were right up my alley.
It’s perfect for a cold and rainy day and even though I just couldn't like this story so much, it is still a three-star book.
Latest Review: "Broken crutches" by Kali Jenson

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”