Official Review: Robin's Blue by Pam Alster

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
joreasonable
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joreasonable.html
Latest Review: "Caught In A Web" by Jason Carter

Official Review: Robin's Blue by Pam Alster

Post by joreasonable »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Robin's Blue" by Pam Alster.]
Book Cover for 9780988328211
Share This Review

Robin´s Blue by Pam Alster

Published October 24th 2012 by Plexigirl Media

Robin´s Blue by Pam Alster is a roller coaster ride of Robin´s young life, starting out before finishing school until she is 25 years old. It is written in the third person and is contemporary, drama, fiction.

There are numerous, unnecessary repetitions throughout the book about the fact that Mommy is dead and it was not necessary. And another irritating thing about the whole book is that nothing actually happens apart from work, men, sex, drugs, pay the bills and travel to various places with various different people. But it is a sad, real and gritty book, and makes me appreciate the life I had at the same age, even though it is confusing and it jumps around and there were times I had no idea where or what was going on and who Robin was with at the time.

The writing is superb with some great descriptions of the 70´s and 80´s and is very real, for people who have lived these years it might bring back memories. Despite the fact the book is generally boring, there is some emotion because of the subject of Robin´s difficult life.

The title and the cover are perfect for the subject of the book.

I am not sure I liked the Robin character, there where times I did and times I didn´t, but no matter what this book has plenty of ups and downs in it.

I also found it a little long but at least it was an easy, quick read which I managed to read in two sittings. Unfortunately the book was nothing special, having said that it will certainly appeal to readers who enjoy this type of book and more towards a female market. It would have been nice to finish on a high note and have some good news for Robin.

I give the book 2 out of 4 stars due to the fantastic writing.

Buy "Robin's Blue" on Amazon
Buy "Robin's Blue" on Barnes and Noble
Latest Review: "Caught In A Web" by Jason Carter
Zannie
Currently Reading: Defending Jacob
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reading Device: B000FI73MA

Post by Zannie »

Thank you for your review I enjoy reading them
Megan Young
Favorite Author: VC Andrews
Favorite Book: My Sweet Audrina
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megan-young.html

Post by Megan Young »

I agree thank you for the review, its nice to read before I chose to read the book or not.
rayraysoto_
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by rayraysoto_ »

sounds like a good honest review

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”