The boy in the dress by David Walliams

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
reluctantreader
Bookshelf Size: 0

The boy in the dress by David Walliams

Post by reluctantreader »

I've recently read all of David Walliams books and I wondered if anyone else had read them. I was reluctant at first because he's famous and I thought that they wouldn't be any good but they are really well written and deal with a lot of issues that most children's authors would be too frightened to address.
Has anyone else read them and if so what did you think of them?
MandiKenendy
Favorite Book: Too many to list
Currently Reading: Dance with Dragons Part 1

Post by MandiKenendy »

I've read this to my class at school and it's lead to some really interesting debates. I asked them how their parents would feel if they found them in a dress (and for the girls dressed as a boy) and it was really interesting to see which children thought their parents would be supportive and which thought their parents would be judgemental.
You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body. - C.S. Lewis
Katk1424

Post by Katk1424 »

I was a bit disappointed - I thought that it would go further in discussing the issues. I think he should go the whole hog next time and write about a gay teenager. Children need role models in children's books and theres too many kids who are using the word gay to mean stupid without thinking about it.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”